Nitpicky question

Guest teutonic

Guest teutonic

****casts endure fire****

Ok here goes: When starting the demo you can pick play demo and it takes you to the combat mission directory. when choosing load email it goes to at least on my machine My Documents. Is there anyway to have it go to the last directory used or to the CM directory.(and is this something that has been addressed in the current version Fionn/Madmatt?)

****cast SOW ****

------------------

Teutonic

I'm using windows and it retains the last folder you used. I think when you first start the game it defaults to "my documents". But ( same game running) anytime after that it goes to last file used. If your quiting the game after every move then yes it would go back to the default of my documents.

Lorak

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."

Guest Zigster

Try saving the files you receive from your opponent to the "My Documents" directory. That will at least cut down on some clicking when loading up.

------------------

_____

Floreat Jerboa!

Guest teutonic

I have three games going right now and some of the file names are the same. I currently save into seperate directories for each game.

Speaking of games is ERIDANI out there anywhere?

------------------

Teutonic

HEY! Teutonic! Quit stalling! And don't you send me the wrong files just so you won't have to face the royal beating that I am dishing to you. Do what I do, plan your devestating moves (I know, you still can't get this down straight) for one player at a time, then you make yourself multiple directories for the PBEM files of the said games. And honkey dory, you have yourself a system! So, get going so I can smash some of your lanky American forces.

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-28-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

The entire file management UI has been completely overhauled. We use more of a "DOS" like system where CM has designated folders for things like scenarios, saves, PBEM, etc. When you ask to play x type of game it will show all the files in that folder and when you save put them there. MUCH BETTER than it is in the Demo wink.gif

BTW, there is also a one line description field for each secenario, comprising text and symbols so you know what the thing is about and who is fighting it. Very helpful!

Steve

Hey All-

I owe you all an apology-

I've been going through 2 weeks of hell (funn), it started with a partition table crash, and hasn't gotten any better. (It's always fun loosing 2 term papers a week before they're due)...

I hope to resume normal play here tonight wink.gif I can get back enticing your poor men to soil their pants wink.gif

Geoff- I still haven't revieved my last turn from you... I lost your email in the crash... if you wanna go ahead and call it a win though... you had be pretty well beat.

oh well, c-ya on the battlefield

-EridanMan

Guest teutonic

No apology necessary. I know what it is like to have a system go belly up. seeing as mine did it twice this week. (although one time was my fault for trying to tweak it redface.gif )

And speaking of crashes Mark Ezra could you send me your new email again as everything went bye bye with the new installs.

Thanks BTS for the answer.

------------------

Teutonic