New Vehcles invisible with floating crew! Help!!

I have ordered this incredible game but am still wating, in the meantime I downloaded just about everything I could find to try to add to the demo I have been playing for 2 weeks now. Somhow I managed to get another senario working in the "Demo" which is Maastricht Tanks etc. It works without a glitch but when it comes to drawing Vehcles not included in the "Demo" the crew are visible but float along on the invisible "Tanks" and halftracks etc. Would one of you Geuinus tell me How I can get them to Show? I have downloaded tons of bmp;s in the hope of getting it to work etc.

I would like to do it just from an learning point of veiw too. Regards

I was half expecting someone to say "you can't add anything its a demo" If I had not added anything allready I would not of asked the question in the first place would I?

If there is anyone out there with a Positive answer I will really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about what you are expecting.

I mean, seeing as you positively CAN'T do it.

What more positive imput are you waiting for?

The demo has the included vehicules coded in it.

You can't add new vehicules because the EXE wouldn't know what to do with them...

In any case, welcome on here.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger1:

I have ordered this incredible game but am still wating, in the meantime I downloaded just about everything I could find to try to add to the demo I have been playing for 2 weeks now. Somhow I managed to get another senario working in the "Demo" which is Maastricht Tanks etc. It works without a glitch but when it comes to drawing Vehcles not included in the "Demo" the crew are visible but float along on the invisible "Tanks" and halftracks etc. Would one of you Geuinus tell me How I can get them to Show? I have downloaded tons of bmp;s in the hope of getting it to work etc.

I would like to do it just from an learning point of veiw too. Regards<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No genius required. You cannot do what you want. There's a reason it's a demo.

Many of us played the first beta demo for months. You have little time to wait, just relax.

Thanks for repling .I HAVE loaded Maasrticht tankers into the demo and plyed it several times. If no one belives me try it yourselves!!!For some reason it did not draw the main road? it just shows up white, and all tanks etc show EXCEPT the ones which are NOT in the original Demo. eg: Half tracks, Jagd panther, M8's etc. the Panther G shows up as it IS included in the Demo. GET IT?

its loaded and plays the senario but it does not draw the Vehcles included in that senerio and THAT is what I am expecting. Some technical whizzard who get send me the file that will tell it to draw those missing/invisible tanks etc.

or explain WHY it wont work.

I HAVE loaded all the bmp's/patches etc including the winter ones in the hope of coloring the invisible tanks thereby making them VISIBLE.Thanks for the welcome, i hope someone understands I have got that game workingMAASCHRICT TANKERS

Tiger1

It's easy really.

You don't have the vehicule/armor/gun showing because they were NOT hardcoded in the demo in the first place.

The fact that those which were showed during the scenario are because they are using resources that are included in the code.

That's all.

To make it simple, you can't play a Churchill (for sake of example) because Combat Mission Beta or Gold Demo don't know dick about what a Churchill is in the first place.

Wait for the game and you'll be as thrilled as the rest of us hamster lovers.

------------------

THANKS Pheonix but if I managed to get another Senario working it must be possible to add to it. so far I have added Flags,sounds, modified houses,trees, painted tanks, and added logos, bagdes, and unit patches on the infantry.IM HOOKED, and I hope one day to contribute somthing to this great, groundbreaking simulation etc. but I will learn nothing if everyone keeps telling me "You Can't do it" HELLO MC FLY!" i ALLREADY DID ha ha ha.

no offence to anyone who has taken the troble to reply. and please note. (I AM NOT TRYING TO RIP OFF THIS GAME OR GET ANYTHING FOR NOTHING!!!Anyone can check with Battle.com I HAVE ordered the CD and PAID.)

I just want to learn how I got this Senario working if it is So Impossible?????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Thanks for repling .I HAVE loaded Maasrticht tankers into the demo and plyed it several times. If no one belives me try it yourselves!!!For some reason it did not draw the main road? it just shows up white, and all tanks etc show EXCEPT the ones which are NOT in the original Demo. eg: Half tracks, Jagd panther, M8's etc. the Panther G shows up as it IS included in the Demo. GET IT?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we get it.

No, it won't work. You may be able to load and "play" the scenario, but the problem is that all the vehicles and such are hard coded into the game exe. The graphics and textures are seperate files so they can be modded, but the actual vehicle data and such is in the program itself. What you are seeing is basically the scenario telling the game engine... "This vehicle is a Jadgpanther." The engine is responding, "Pardon me, but what is a Jagdpanther???" Since only the vehicles that are in the demo scenarios were coded in, the game engine doesn't recognize non demo vehicles. It has no idea what textures to use to draw them, what weapons it has, armor values, ect.

So your out of luck. Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikeydz:

Yes we get it.

No, it won't work. You may be able to load and "play" the scenario, but the problem is that all the vehicles and such are hard coded into the game exe. The graphics and textures are seperate files so they can be modded, but the actual vehicle data and such is in the program itself. What you are seeing is basically the scenario telling the game engine... "This vehicle is a Jadgpanther." The engine is responding, "Pardon me, but what is a Jagdpanther???" Since only the vehicles that are in the demo scenarios were coded in, the game engine doesn't recognize non demo vehicles. It has no idea what textures to use to draw them, what weapons it has, armor values, ect.

So your out of luck. Sorry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that was exactly how I should have said it a while back.

biggrin.gif

------------------

I just want to learn how I got this Senario working if it is So Impossible?????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we keep @#$!@# telling you. IT WONT WORK.

Jeezus you are one stuborn newbie. How many ways does it need to be explained to you?

The data for the other tanks is NOT IN THE DEMO. You cannot "add" them in.

But why listen to anyone here? We don't know squat. So you just go ahead and make it work. Let us know how it comes out. Oh wait, we already know.

Well Thanks again PawBroon and Mikedz now I understand and will "Relax" allthough it shows the "Shapes" from a distance of the tanks in question, and so you see it was teasing me into thinking I could just "Add" the right BMP's and Paint/fill them in etc. Thanks again , I am now pacing up and down like an expectant farther waiting for this new Hobby in a box and will be chucking my entire collection of 1/72nd scale ww2 away .

Dare I say? "DO Napoleonic Battle Com!!"?

GREAT SITE GREAT FORUM!!!

Guest Pillar

Tiger1,

These grogs have been misleading you. You CAN do it...

1) Decomcompile the .exe "somehow"

2) Learn programming, REALLY learn programming. smile.gif

3) Learn C++

4) Modify the code to include new tanks. Good luck making them work just like in the full version.

OR, you could work at McDonalds for 5 bucks an hour, one nine hour day, and buy the game.

smile.gif

Your choice.

PS> I believe option 1 is illegal.

Welcome aboard.

Well Thanks again PawBroon and Mikedz now I understand and will "Relax" allthough it shows the "Shapes" from a distance of the tanks in question, and so you see it was teasing me into thinking I could just "Add" the right BMP's and Paint/fill them in etc. Thanks again , I am now pacing up and down like an expectant farther waiting for this new Hobby in a box and will be chucking my entire collection of 1/72nd scale ww2 away .

Dare I say? "DO Napoleonic Battle Com!!"?

GREAT SITE GREAT FORUM!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Tiger1,

These grogs have been misleading you. You CAN do it...

1) Decomcompile the .exe "somehow"

2) Learn programming, REALLY learn programming. smile.gif

3) Learn C++

4) Modify the code to include new tanks. Good luck making them work just like in the full version.

OR, you could work at McDonalds for 5 bucks an hour, one nine hour day, and buy the game.

smile.gif

Your choice.

PS> I believe option 1 is illegal.

Welcome aboard.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw, c'mon. Be nice. Give the guy a break. He *already* said he bought the game and is waiting for it to get to him. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. What's that gonna cost us? Nobody's gonna tell him how to crack the code. Jeez.

Michael