Question about scouting enemy positions

I think that is an excellent question. I don't think it can be done though (unless it spots a unit outside its own weapon range, so pistol armed crews can fill that role, though unrealistic as that may be).

I think a great command would be the Scout command where a unit moves and immediately stops (possibly going Hidden) upon spotting an enemy unit.

Sounds like a realistic enough command.

Lt. Bull

I would like a command when a unit stops immediately when it spots a unit and begins firing at it. This would be really useful in dense woods. Also, I would like to see a scout command like Lt Bull suggested too. Both of these would be very useful.

All American

All American:

The command you are looking for in the first case is 'sneak'. Sneaking infantry in woods will stop immediately and fire on enemy they see. This is better than move since they see the enemy quicker and always stop moving which reduces casualties.

To scout enemy positions you more-or-less have to crawl and hide. Crawling units avoid firing and if you hide them at the terminus of their move they will not fire then either. This is a bit slow. I recommend sneak since they will at least stop when they see a enemy. Then you can crawl them out of sight again.

Also split a squad from each platoon to form 2 scout teams. Reform them once the enemy is located and you are ready to assault. Reform them by moving them onto each other out of enemy fire range and LOS.

-Ren

Oh I forgot to say that 'hunt' is the vehicle version of sneak except it doesn't reduce the ease of spotting your vehicle as sneak does for infantry. At least I don't think so.

[This message has been edited by Renaud (edited 05-24-2000).]