The next game you will buy after CM

I've already bought the next game:

Steel Beasts - here's an example of me in action during a 13 player co-op session (no, I'm not the one burning)

SB_SS_7.jpg

As for future purchases - I'll probably buy IS2 Sturmovik and Harpoon 4, which maybe should tide me over until CM2 is released! biggrin.gif

Mace

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Europa Universalis

Baldurs Gate 2

Battle of Britain

Heart of Winter (Icewind Dale expansion)

Neverwinter Nights

I'll never have time to play either of them but I will enjoy looking at the boxes.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

For me:

CC5

Sudden Strike

just love ww2 stuff, Also always looking for something with grand strategy like third reich,but better implemented than that

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

SWAT 3: Elite Edition

No One Lives Forever

Tribes 2

Combat Flight Simulator 2

Baldur's Gate 2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (for DC)

Shenmue (for DC)

maybe Rune

too many to remember smile.gif

Btw, Steel Beasts really is good, but be warned that it's a very realistic (and therefore pretty difficult) hardcore sim. Superbike 2001 is one of the very best racing games out atm. Highly recommended.

Jochen, Grüße aus Amerika!

------------------

I rode a tank, held a general's rank

When the blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank.

--Rolling Stones

Samhain - you may want to be careful with Rune, the reviews I've read of it were pretty negative. There was one at gamespot.com and another at.... hrm, damn, I'll try to remember. This is probably one of those "make sure the software store has a liberal return policy" type games wink.gif

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I saw the GameSpot review, actually, but thanks for the warning. I'll check some others. I was looking forward to the game, given the interesting changes they made to the already excellent UT engine, not to mention the Viking subject matter.

------------------

--Rolling Stones

[This message has been edited by Samhain (edited 10-30-2000).]

Hey!!! Who has been saying bad things about me? smile.gif Keep this up, and the Army of the Porcupines may have to pierce your hamsters.

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Samhain - you may want to be careful with Rune, the reviews I've read of it were pretty negative. There was one at gamespot.com and another at.... hrm, damn, I'll try to remember. This is probably one of those "make sure the software store has a liberal return policy" type games wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Madmatt

Well CFS2 has been taking up a great deal of my quite limited time. From what I have seen and heard on my Chat Server, there are great many other Combat Flight Sim players out there too. We should really organize as online play is a balst. No Co-Op missions supported yet though! frown.gif

Anyway, as to new games (assuming I get the time to play)

B17-II (I hope this one comes out before Xmas 2004!)

Tribes 2 (I has was addicted to the first)

IL-2 (Oleg seems a cool guy and I like the oppertunity to fly planes I know NOTHING about)

Steel Beasts looks cool and a 13 player Co-op sounds awesome

Nascar Heat (hey the demo was cool)

Ummm, thats all I can think of off the top of ma bald head! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest MantaRay

Samhain,

Swat 3 EE is very well done. If you are into realistic tactics and are lucky enough to find 4 other players who know how to play, the Co-op MP is the best of any FPS ever.

I used to be one of the biggest detractors for the MP, and couldnt see how they could pull it off, but the net code is damn good, and the lvls so far are top notch. It took them a year to make the MP and it was worth the wait. If they can get the 5 player limit up to ten (they are working on it) it will be almost perfect. This is the CM of the FPS world.

Ray

B-17 Bomber!!! Gotta stay in WWII mode. Besides it's gonna be a wonderful display of gaming magic.. Or It's Gonna Rock! Now if I can figure out how to combine the two games together, I could bomb myself....hmmmm.

"Like this post needed another response, or bump. heheh."

------------------

"Free your mind!"

Manta Ray,

I played the demo of the original SWAT3, and I'd have to agree with its excellence based on that, at least. In fact, I think it surpasses the Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear series in many ways. One of the most interesting things about the game is that it encourages real law enforcement doctrine: the object is not to rush in with guns blazing to kill everyone in sight. A nice change from less realistic FPS's.

------------------

--Rolling Stones