A New Idea for Scenario Designers

Since I neither code nor am a graphic artist, I don't know how well this might work, but thought I'd pitch it anyway.

My basic idea is to create one or more custom scenarios featuring black combat units in Europe. Naturally, this would require changing out the face graphics, as well as other parts possibly. If this could be done, I think it would be both interesting, cool and a way of honoring a largely unsung group of American soldiers.

What do the rest of you think?

John Kettler

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mostro:

And what about glasses? When to honour those glasses-wearing soldiers?

biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! Everybody knows that the Germans not only had the coolest tanks, but also the coolest glasses - and they still do! This was especially the case after the Italian surrender, when the design studios in Milano were forced to produce cool-looking glasses for German generals until liberated from that chore by the Allies... biggrin.gif

Ohh, I am not well...

------------------

Andreas

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, what about the soldiers that had big moles on their arses? smile.gif How are we gonna model and pay hommage to them? j/k! No offense, just thought that it was funny. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

Just wait for CM3, then we will have a true representation of the African, and African American contribution to the war. They only employed Black soldiers on the Italian front (the Americans) in an entire black division. There were French Colonial Divisions, as well as British Indian Divisions. So, you will have a larger diversity of people, probably the most diverse nationalities in any version of CM on the Mediterrainian Front. Historically, the only Black people who fought in Western Europe were those of the Redball express.

Guest mch

Looking through S.Stantons U.S.Army OOB

book,and reading the unit histories or the

"colored"units,you find it quite sad,really.

the same recurring history....

"european theater without inscription"

most were folded into engineer units,and

never got a chance to fight.

P.S.:just a thought...not meant to spark

an pitched battle about rascisim,ss war crimes,the holocaust,or jim crow.

------------------

Horrido!

michael

[This message has been edited by mch (edited 05-05-2000).]

Well, the same thing can be said about any army (ie. treating its minorities badly). The French treated their colonial troops as shock troops, but, cared little for their survival (Gave them surplus weaponry). The British had Good Indian formations, but, rarely did they ever allow Indian officers or African officers in their West and East African Divisions. The South African Army was pretty horrible too in its treatment of its Black soldiers. Canada wasn't known for a large contingent of Black soldiers, but, it, and the US did integrate its Amerindian population into the Regular armed forces.

Major Tom, you're wrong about black soldiers in the Western Front. There were seperate tank, anti-tank (and maybe some other) "colored" battalions that fought with distinction in the Vosges and Ardennes. Later on, black platoons were formed and integrated into regular divisions. The largest group of black soldiers was the division in Italy, though. You can catch references in a few books, but Citizen Soldiers talks about it in a seperate chapter.