Tanks and toilets

Well, I had a funny thing happen tonight (to me, at least). My daughter went to the bathroom, and the toilet seat smacked down. I swear the resulting clunk sounded just like that sound we all fear/love when an AFV gets drilled when playing CM. When I heard it, I thought, "There goes another tank...," and then realized I wasn't playing CM. God this game can do funny things to your mind! wink.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

If you'd done a search you'd find that the trashcan in my office makes the same sound as your toilet. I started a thread a while back when I couldn't stand the wait anymore and had taken to throwing away extra garbage (empties that had been around for a while) just so I could hear the plunk.

Amazing isn't it.

actualy, When my AC cuts on the filter bangs and makes the same sound. Sadly the air return is right outside of the door where I play CM. Many time I've heard that and searched the screen like mad for that hidden AT team.

Between that, and scheduling my day around good times to check my e-mail, I think I have finally gone mad.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Guest Pillar

Speaking of which, we could really uze a modified sound for the armour deaths.

I like the brew up sound in SPW@W...

Guest Michael emrys

Speaking of losing one's grip on reality, several times in the past week I've dreamt of playing CM. In the dream I always seem to be straining to make something work right and I never seem to be making any progress with it.

Michael

Thank God that I'm not the only one that's had a CM dream (and I only play a single game a day at most! Plus PBEM's, Plus... oh well - I'm hooked!).

Last night I had my first CM dream. I beat the crap out of the AI but they retaliated with death-ray-shooting AA guns and flying saucers! Where can I get a reference on these? wink.gif

Guest dirkd1976

I had a dream about CM the other night also......man, this game is driving me insane (the good kind, not the run into the local post office and shoot the place up kind of insane.) smile.gif

Happy gaming!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Well, I'm a psychologist, but I wouldn't say that it takes any great skill to interpret dreams about tanks with BIG GUNS!

Thanks, that'll be $100. wink.gif

------------------

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Last night I had my first CM dream. I beat the crap out of the AI but they retaliated with death-ray-shooting AA guns and flying saucers! Where can I get a reference on these? wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carl Jung had something to say about flying saucers. I can't be certain that you would find it comforting however... wink.gif

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Well, I'm a psychologist, but I wouldn't say that it takes any great skill to interpret dreams about tanks with BIG GUNS!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You remind me of a photo I've seen a couple times. It shows a row of King Tigers with the TCs in chest defilade and the cannons at maximum elevation. I recall thinking, "Gee they seem so proud of the big new dicks that the Führer has given them."

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Carl Jung had something to say about flying saucers. I can't be certain that you would find it comforting however... wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, go ahead and tell him, but be gentle, for he is Jung and easily Freudened.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supertanker:

Oh, go ahead and tell him, but be gentle, for he is Jung and easily Freudened.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, love the reference...you get Big Time points for cleverness...Hey, Wait, I think I just figured out where the company name came from!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Man, how did this thread ever lead to this discussion? LOL.

Some sick minds here...I love it! biggrin.gif

Off for vacation for 10 days. Must...not...lose...it...CM...withdrawal...aaaargh!

------------------

Whoa, harsh words!

Truthfully, I don't really have any Amis left to defend! I really wanted to find out if that anti-tank team hidden in the woods could torque my jumbo before it retreated, but I never could get that far. However, formatting the harddrive actually accomplished something: the computer did not lock-up during hours of downloading. Also, after I got the fundamentals installed last night, I played a 700 point QB on a large map and the game did not lock-up more than once. Fingers crossed!

Get back soon so that I may dissolve your Mac-generated pixels in a timely manner.

I too am going on vacation soon. Of course, my idea of vacation is simply not going to work and staying home to play CM. This fantasy dream is about to come true....

Jonathan

In my dreams about CM my troops are always giving the enemy a pasting. Hmm, I wonder what this says about me. Probably just my subconscience working through tactical problems presented by the latest PBEM turn. I just wish it would tell my conscience though, because things never work out like they did in the dreams.