I have a dream - massive multiplayer CM!

It does not have to be CM, I want to see a huge map and I would fight for just a small sector. Other sectors are played by other players...

I want to feel that my battles did affect the situation in some way. There would be major factories/cities providing "resource points".

My troops could be surrounded and cut off from supplies. I want to be given a certain number of points to buy new troops any way I choose. If I loose my troops it will affect my future fighting strength. (Unless I get a lot of replacements)

I want to fight for the territory... I want to see large amounts of territory changing hands - every time I log in.

My units could be moved to far away sectors if needed - (not historical but I don't really care).

Weak players would be matched against weak players - strong against strong. Sometimes you fight against someone better sometimes against someone weaker...

I would like to play with realistic WWII equipment but not be forced into specified force composition. Let me have ahistorical mix like in CC (but no Tigers in 1941!) - ie ahistorical mix of tanks/infantry that existed at that point of time.

There is already a game like this in the works. It's called World War 2 Online. Closed beta has started already. It is soon to be expanded, as right now there are only a few people in the beta. I'm signed up to beta test it, but haven't received my NDA yet.

Problem is, WW2 Online will cost X amount of money to play each month, and a lot of people may not be prepared to pay that.

It would be nice to have a "sector" type WW2 game that does not have to be paid for every month.

If there was a way of publishing 4 inter-linked Combat Mission maps, with roads which are common to each map or something, then this would be a kind of multi-player Combat Mission.

Guest dirkd1976

I had a dream last night too. It involved a supermodel, whipped cream, and....well I bet you can guess where it went from here...

Guest dirkd1976

Is there a website for WW2 Online, I'd like to check it out. Link anyone?

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway