A Very Serious Concern

Hi All,

I have stumbled across something that is causing me great concern. I currently supect an opponent of cheating and I desperately want to prove that my concerns are without merit.

We are playing a PBEM Quick Battle in November, 1944. Things started perfectly normal, but then I started to notice some troubling developements around turn 8 or 9. That is the point at which my opponent's armor began to appear en masse! So far, I have counted 13 pieces of armor (including 1 halftrack). The reason that got my attention is that I have 3 pieces of armor (including 2 halftracks). In addition to his armor, my opponent also has at least a full company of infantry.

When armor piece #13 arrived on the scene, I decided to do some math to see if maybe the computer did a poor job of purchasing units for me. The points are in parentheses.

My force consists of: 1 Heavy Weapons Company (550), 1 Rifle 44 Platoon (120), 1 MMG (18), 1 M4A3(76)W Sherman (167), 2 M3A1 Halftracks (68), 2 Barbed Wire (30), 1 Daisy-Chain Antitank Mines (15), and 2 Antipersonnel Mines (30). The total points spent by the computer is 998. I was quite impressed that the computer only wasted 2 points. I probably would not have done as well myself.

Then, I decided to determine how much the computer spent on my opponent's armor, since my troops have identified so much. His armor force consists of: 3 Panther Pz VG (603), 2 StuH42-late (184), 1 Jagdpanzer IV (122), 3 StuG-III-late (270), 2 Hetzers (150), 1 Marder III-late (51), and 1 SPW 251/1 (39). The total points spent by the computer is 1419! This total does NOT include the company (at least) of infantry support and anything else my troops have not seen.

Is there any reasonable explanation for this? I would like to think there is, but I cannot find one. I don't want to accuse somebody of cheating because we are all presumably playing this game to have fun. However, I really don't feel that somebody should be having fun at the expense of somebody else.

I would greatly appreciate a LOT of feedback on this because I don't want to make a rash decision here. Thank you all in advance.

SuperTed (feeling SuperScrewed)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Was the game set up as an Assault?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

biggrin.gif

That one was posted at the same time.

You beat me by the seconds.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

The defender's limit is 1000. The attacker gets more, the amount determined by what kind of game it is. Assaults can get at least twice as many points.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

If you set up an Assault (or Attack) scenario with a 1,000-point limit, the DEFENDER will have 1,000 points to spend while the attacker will hae a number of points based upon a battle-type modifier. I.e., i think it's 1.6 times for an Assault attacker (which would be 1600, of course). Numbers may not be right, but the principle is.

Wouldn't be any fun if 1,000 had to attack 1,000. Attacker would never (rarely) win.

Preacher smile.gif

In my last Assault I had a good 900Pts over the limit.

See? I hope the guy playing you doesn't feel hurt by your post or you'll be REALLY assaulted.

biggrin.gif

Assault IS challenging.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped