HMG's vs 1/2 TRACKS

I recently played a scenario TCP/IP as the US and decided to use a M3 1/2 track to scout down a road for me. I don't normally use 1/2 tracks to scout but I had to in this situation. The M3 was soon shocked and lost a crew member from a German HMG on level with the M3 and about 200 meters away. A few turns later after the M3 buttoned up it started back dowm the road only to be knocked out by the German HMG.

Is this a common occurance?

Isn't the MG42 a 7.62 mm.?

Are US 1/2 tracks really this vulnerable to these rounds?

As the US player I have killed a few Sdkfz 250/251's with .50 cal but that is not unusual. I would like to scout more with 1/2 tracks as low cost alternative but I will have to stand by for now.

Pedro

------------------

" the recruits are salty,they are ready to eat their own guts and ask for seconds."

I read somewhere that BTS was going to put a bunch of these charts on the game CD originally. In the end the game took up too much space on the CD so that idea was scrapped. Now I'm not going to say I wish there was less game and more charts, heh heh. However it would be REALLY nice if BTS could post these somewhere or put them in a zip we could all download. I drool at the thought!