Just Received CM....Woooo Hooooo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather eat a hamburger in front of a pack of starving wild dogs than admit being the first to get my copy of CM on this forum.

And not to be an ill-speaker, but people should remember that the Postal Service's Priority Mail '2-3 days' is the normal expectation, not a guarantee. I've sent stuff out Priority Mail, and had it show up 2 weeks later. But that's unusual, to say the least. Still, give BTS a couple of days on when you think it should be there, before panicking.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Turbo,

It's more like a Filet Mignon au Poivre, rare, from Smith & Wollensky (Steak afficianados will know) in front of a Velociraptor.

It will turn the most adamant vegetarian, vegan, to the dark side so fast, it will make your head spin. It did to my wife, that's for sure.

------------------

CrapGame out

Guest Big Time Software

Me thinks he might be playing instead of hanging out with you hound dogs smile.gif

The poster was sent out in its own tube. Therefore, it is possible to recieve them on different days.

Keep in mind that the bulk of our orders didn't start to go out until Friday. With two days shipping time it is likely that many will start popping into mailboxes on Monday. But we still have more to ship out, so don't count on it as a sure thing.

Steve

No gloating here Bullethead...just thought people would want to know that they are OTW.

Also, CM is everything BTS and the beta testers had said it would be and in some ways much more. I believe all will be more than pleased and I don't think any of us could thank BTS enough for their efforts, hard work and commitment in bringing this about. For myself, it is definitely THE tactical wargame that I have waited a long time for someone to create.

I will be another who's buying another copy shortly as a means of insuring that BTS continues to evolve this and as a way of saying thank you.

Ghost

Guest Scott Clinton

Just to restate what someone has already said about USPS Priority Mail...

2-day delivery is the BEST that can be expected. I'm in D/FW (Texas). When I ship USPS Priority Mail (and I have been doing it almost weekly for 10 years now) it takes anywhere from 2-7 days to reach the East or West Coasts. Average of about 3-4 days.

BUT the good news is that this includes Sundays! The mail DOES 'move' on Sundays apparently, they just don't deliver on Sunday.

So, if you live on the West Coast I would not expect it before Wed. and don't freak if you still don't have it Friday.

INSERT TEXAS DRAWL HERE

Just my 2 cents from what I have seen using USPS Priory Mail for a loooonnnng time.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks GhostOne! Nice to hear your thoughts, even if Bullethead is trying to find some GPS info for your exact location (he is only kidding smile.gif).

Scott, you are correct. I also suspect that GhostOne was on the lucky side of Priority Mail. Sometimes they deliver in ONE day and not 2-5 smile.gif We sent a carefully coordinated bunch of press releases when we launched Battlefront.com last year and one guy down in the Carolinas (I think) received his package one day before we had planned on smile.gif Since GhostOne apparently in New Hampshire, it is a good bet this happened.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Thanks GhostOne! Nice to hear your thoughts, even if Bullethead is trying to find some GPS info for your exact location (he is only kidding smile.gif).

Scott, you are correct. I also suspect that GhostOne was on the lucky side of Priority Mail. Sometimes they deliver in ONE day and not 2-5 smile.gif We sent a carefully coordinated bunch of press releases when we launched Battlefront.com last year and one guy down in the Carolinas (I think) received his package one day before we had planned on smile.gif Since GhostOne apparently in New Hampshire, it is a good bet this happened.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just wondering i preordered the game last year but since than have lost credit card..i have followed instructions about reordering and i am just wondering where i went on the priority of shipping....btw i love the game and have been a lurker for at least a year and have enjoyed it alot...looking forward to the game

Hi Ghost,

Glad you received it and that you gave us a scout report.

GLAD also you resist the urge to spill your guts.

At least you'll be amongst the first receivers without being the first spoiler.

If any of you guys from the US spoilt it for us Europeans or Aussies, you're in for a Hi-rise in that flaming ladder.

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Guest aka PanzerLeader

GhostOne, congrats. But watch out for thieves in the days to come!! wink.gif

You'll wake up one morning, and no CM anymore...Hehe.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick delivery to the Carolinas,eh. I might get mine sooner than expected.

Guest Eric Winter

This is all good news! Way to go BTS! Good to see familiar names here to (Scott C smile.gif.I pre ordered mine (geez I forget) when the on line order form was first made available. Since I live in Harrisburg, PA I hope I get CM tomorrow. If not I'll live smile.gif When it does arrive I have a plan...call work, tell them my grandmother is very ill in the hospital; then go and play CM smile.gif I know it's an awful thing to do but it's effective! If I told them the truth they wouldn't understand. Again congrats to Steve and Charles, I wish you two and everyone else here the best!! Enjoy and take care.

Eric

Capt. Manieri.. the scenario editor is the same one that BTS used to make the battles and Operatons for CM. It's ease of use, flexibility and power are very impressive to say the least and it is a scenario creators dream. Couple that with the "Quick Battle Generator" along with scenarios being posted by numerous individuals and we literally have infinite playability.

Ghost

Thanks Capt. I figure I'll get mine the same day as you. I'm just a couple of exits down the Thruway from you in Orange County, and preordered in September. Hopefully, Monday is D-Day. I can feel the Tuesday mystery illness coming already. Looking forward to your D-Day scenario. Hope you share it with the rest of us.

------------------

CrapGame out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

I thought the first receiving the game and posting has to buy every else a round at the bar. smile.gif Tony<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Ah, this is where I come in. smile.gif)

Gentlemen, may I take your orders, please?