CM6

Hans

Although I do love CM and the WWII thing. I had a question.

Would a "design your own tanks", "train your own infantry" and "build your own artillery" type of game - using the CM engine be wanted?

Ie you could/would either design your tanks with the characteristics you wanted or create "random" armoured vehicles. The same idea for all units.

Large gun with thinner armour? Or smaller main weapon with greater mobility? Want three MG's on that tank. Want an assault gun with a 260mm mortar-build one, or a AC with dual 20mm .

Just wondering if that is a common interest. I realize WWII Allied and Axis equipment IS neat but would people be interested in building their own forces to fight it out.

I'll be first to say...nope.

It then becomes a "game" in the truest sense of the word. I prefer the reality that CM drives home. There are other games that do the "SimArmy" type of thing. It's not really my bag. The CM engine does reality, and that's the way I prefer it.

------------------

"THAT DUCK SHALL NOT HAVE DIED IN VAIN!"

- Senachai

Guest SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

I'll be first to say...nope.

It then becomes a "game" in the truest sense of the word. I prefer the reality that CM drives home. There are other games that do the "SimArmy" type of thing. It's not really my bag. The CM engine does reality, and that's the way I prefer it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea !! what he (Croda) said.

SS Peiper

[This message has been edited by SS Peiper (edited 11-28-2000).]

The Idea is interesting for a game, but I don't feel with the CM engine.

There is a pretty cool robotics game out that does some of this except for the troops part that you may find fun. It is called Mind Rover. it's probably way off what you are saying but it's a neat little strategy/war/puzzle game that involves alot of vehicle tweaking. It's more along the lines of those robot gladiator contests that MIT? sponsors.

Mord.

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Ya... I'd go with realsism. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea.... But it just doesn't seem right.

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army