Can you destroy roadblocks?

Honest, I checked the manual, searched the database, read the book, watched the movie, leafed through the Classic Comic Book, sang along with the musical, and studied the Cliff's Notes.

And still I must ask: can you blow apart roadblocks with a tank or anything else?

Perplexed in Philly

I would be interested in this as well, because one time while testing a battle I have made I heard an explosion in the general area of a roadblock and it was no longer there....

Unfortunatly I pressed ok instead of the playback button and lost the round so I could not check what had happened, however as far as I was able to determine the roadblock was not there anymore.

Can any shed any light on this or have I just not been paying attention and 'lost' the road block somewhere else?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Honest, I checked the manual, searched the database, read the book, watched the movie, leafed through the Classic Comic Book, sang along with the musical, and studied the Cliff's Notes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Very nice, you got tears biggrin.gif

Joe

You didn't search hard enough. But since I was curious I searched for you (I'm not going to do it again though). I'm being nice today.

This is the discussion thread. If this doesn't work search for "Tanks and wire": http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/004163.html

The thread is dated 05/05/2000 to 05/08/2000. That's just before the game came out (I think).

BTS (Steve) said (wrote):

"No, roadblocks can not be destroyed.

I agree with Fionn about barbed wire being torn out by tanks.

Matt is correct about movement. I surprised an AI controlled squad last week. It was going through some barbed wire when I had some hidden HMG42s spring into action. Whole squad, eliminated in about a half a minute. Basically the unit was "stuck" and in the open at about 200m. Easy target."

I don't know if it's changed since then. You could do another search and find out if you want.

Road blocks? No problem.

First make sure to maneuver your recon units so that they are in a favorable position to...

Oh, forget it, here's a better idea:

Purchase the 1969 Dodge Charger, the 'southern US stock car' variant with syndicated 70's TV series camoflage (an attractive red-orange with a black '01' on both doors and a Confederate battleflag on the roof).

Now 'Fast Move' this mighty steel beast towards the enemy roadblock whilst the crew whoops and hollers at the top of their lungs (psychological warfare tactic influenced by pre-20th century Native American warrior culture). Unfortunately, since there are no 'whoop and holler' crew sounds in CM you'll have to make them yourself (make sure you open all your windows beforehand and warn the neighbors, it helps to alleviate any pressure imbalance that may occur in your inner ear and avoids any interruptions by local law enforcement). If the enemy does not route before this purest expression of maniacal machismo then have one of the two man crewmembers (typically the blonde one) unbutton (roll down his window) and use his compound bow to shoot dynamite tipped arrowheads at the enemy units defending the roadblock. This high explosive onslaught should inflict major casualties on the remaining defenders unaffected by the previous psychological warfare attack and has been known to send even the toughest of SS units running to the rear!

However, should the explosive arrowheads prove ineffective then you will quickly find yourself running out of road! Quickly initiate a suspension of disbelief 'miracle jump' over the roadblock, followed with a discharge of the vehicle's musical horn (yet another psychological warfare device) as the it flies over the heads of the cowering enemy. This will ensure that your crew and the vehicle will live to fight another day!

This vehicle, AKA the "General Lee", is devoid of any actual armament, offensive firepower is typically supplied by the crew in the form of the aforementioned compound bows and dynamite arrows (which can penetrate over 100mm of face hardened steel at ranges up to 500m). However, what the General Lee lacks in offensive punch it makes up for with speed and protection! Under the hood is a fearsome gas guzzling beast of an engine, a 375 hp 440 Magnum V8 which can push the General Lee over a quarter mile of road in less than 12 seconds! The General Lee is also a turretless design, giving it an extremely low silhouette, low enough to give frustrated 88 gunners a sissy girl fit! However, should those enemy gunner's find their target the General Lee is protected by the finest American 18-20 gauge steel, known to stop even the most sizeable Japanese import dead in its tracks! The General Lee also has excellent cross-country capability and with adequate speed has been known to 'miracle jump' 40-50 foot gorge(s) and/or roadblock(s), and with only minor structural damage upon landing!

Let's see a Tiger top that!!!

LOL!

http://hazzard.simplenet.com/images/hazzard/bw/buddies.jpg

I knew there was something going on between those two!

LOL!!

I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME AT WORK TODAY... HAH!

LOL!!!

(Beginning of sincere, non-sarcastic section)

Thanks, MadDog0606! You're right, I didn't search carefully enough. Hope this info. is in the next manual revision.

(end of sincere, non-sarcastic section)

(Beginning of sarcastic section)

I should have realized that, after noting a non-relevant topic heading out of 20 or so headings, and going through the first five or six non-relevant posts under the non-relevant heading, the information I was seeking would be in the seventh and subsequent posts. Shame on me for my slipshod search!

(End of sarcastic section)

Yes, shame (double shame) on you!!!!

I had to take time out from my work (VERY IMPORTANT WORK) to do a search. Took me a good half hour. A half hour I could have spent on my work (whatever that was, I forget now).

I really didn't want to do my work anyway smile.gif . So it was a good excuse not to.