TCP/ IP ???

Ok, CM is the best tactical game I've ever saw and played sins 1984. But...I like to play it by TCP/ IP with some friends of my. What's the status of this TCP/ IP connection?? Is is still in the make or is it canceled?? I believe the makers of CM promised to correct this TCP/IP. If anyone now something about this please let me now.

Good hunting.

Lorak ya little bastard I don't think you updated with Peters surrender to me...get on the ball man...also you might as well put me in for wins against Hiram, Cruda and Germangirl since it looks like they are all dead.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

TCP/IP is a the protocol(=~language) used between computers on the internet.

Right now you can only play another human either by either:

A. being at the same computer, alternating between turns, know as hotseat.

B. sending the save-game back and forth via e-mail, known as PBEM.

Once the patch is released, you'll be able to play against another human without any of the above hassles. You sit in front of your computer and your opponent in front of his. There's very little delay, since he is thinking about his orders at the same time as you are.

Your modem will surely let you play this without any problems. Keep your fingers crossed, though. It's still WWW. (WWW=Whole World Waiting) smile.gif

------------------

Sten

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

[This message has been edited by Sten (edited 11-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Lorak ya little bastard I don't think you updated with Peters surrender to me...get on the ball man...also you might as well put me in for wins against Hiram, Cruda and Germangirl since it looks like they are all dead.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong thread, ya bonehead!

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Peng thread? I've apologized for less.

-Anonymous