Software Application Wanted

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Any ideas where i can find a little app that will turn whatever is on screen into a movie file? It doesn't have to be big or anything, just i have some ideas for an avi or two i'd like to do with CM running. I'd also like to be able to add sounds and change the quality/look of the recorded avi/mpg/whatever.

ta in advance.

PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Thanks for that.

it's a good program, but only records desktop, won't record an active full-screen window like combat mission :/

Might try the MS one redface.gif

PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

Well BTS managed to produce a couple of promo movies before the beta came out, so how was that done?

BTs HEELLPPpppp smile.gif

PeterNZ

Hypercam as mentioned does record CM (did it myself), but you MUST use "directx-mode". That way it records your active screen and not your desktop.

But there's a better program, called "snag-it" or "snap-it". Recently i've been using it a lot at work and seems to work better (higher-res support...up to 800x600).

In a few hours the weekend here is over, giving me the chance to find the correct name and url at work.

Posting ASAP

PanzerShark

Guest PeterNZ

Um, Ps, don't mean to say you're wrong, but sure that direct-x option isn't with Hyper-Snap?

Hyper-Cam has no such directx option and i've been fiddling with it a bit more and still can't find any.

In other news, downloading SnagIt from www.download.com and will see how it goes smile.gif

ta

PeterNZ

Aah, well i think i might know yer prob then. Although i never tried it might be an accelerator prob. Are you using a second card as 3d-accelerator?

I'm using an TNT2 Ultra (one size fits all smile.gif. And i have no probs with both proggies.

Maybe the programs use the 1st videocard they can find, and that isn't your 3d-card.

Maybe that's it?

I remember that the older version of Windows (3.11) used to have an AVI capture tool. For some reason Microsoft took this feature out of Windows 95/98 but I think that if you copy the executable from an old version of Windows, then you might be able to use it in Win 95/98. Worth a shot.

Microsoft might actually have it for download on their site, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Guest PeterNZ

hmm, yeah. I run a righteous 3d 4mb..

I have an ATI Rage but it wouldn't cut the mustard..

If someone can record avi's etc of CM, could they please reply saying they definately can.. and if they want to work with me on some cool ideas, that would be just super! I have some cunning plans wink.gif

So ..

get in touch!

PeterNZ