A tree in the road

Maybe I just haven't played the gold demo enough or something but I had a tree growing in the middle of the dirt road on the Allied left flank. Has this been seen before? has this minor glitch been fixed?

I also noticed in that same scenario that the anti-tank pillbox was placed on the very pointy tip of a small hill in front of the small lake in VoT. It sorta pointed to the sky...very odd.

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

I think you'll find if you drive through, or run over that tree, it is in fact a minefield. For some reason, until you've discovered it, the FOW displays it as a tree in road terrain.

I dont know if this has been addressed before, but its definitely a bug in the demo.

Danno,

I too have seen both items you've mentioned. In the case of the Pillbox, I've only seen it once and i arty'd it before it could do any damage, so i never noticed if it's orientation had any effect on it's LOS.

regarding the trees, I believe they are wood tiles that overlapped with the road. I've played PBEM games in which the trees are smack in the middle of the road during set-up, and then on the shoulder in turn-1.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Danno,

I too have seen both items you've mentioned. In the case of the Pillbox, I've only seen it once and i arty'd it before it could do any damage, so i never noticed if it's orientation had any effect on it's LOS.

regarding the trees, I believe they are wood tiles that overlapped with the road. I've played PBEM games in which the trees are smack in the middle of the road during set-up, and then on the shoulder in turn-1.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, we have seen both of these too. The AI will now avoid putting fortifications in such oddball spots. The tree in the road... that is random, but I also think Charles found a bug that allowed this to happen every once in a long while.

Steve

Thanks BTS, you guys continue to impress! smile.gif I may not have CM in my hands yet, but I know when I get it, it will be the finest running and best supported game I have ever owned.

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."