Looking for CM virgins.

Lurkers, have you wanted to try PBEM but were afraid to ask?

I'm looking for 5 or so CM nubies to break in for fun. I'm presently playing 3 games. It's getting that I like seeing new emails *everytime* I start up my computer. There's nothing like practice.

Oh and Berlichtengen forgot to mention 8 min of hell as his airborne troopers got slaughtered trying to enter the Victory flag until finally he thought it was a good idea to read the manual on the flamethrower case.

iggi@videotron.ca

Feeling lucky..punk?

------------------

Never played PBEM - go ahead and set it up and mail it to me.

bartek@mindspring.com

From the regular scenarios i've played chabonis/all or nothing and the one where lot of shermans get **** kicked out of them on the small map with the city... biggrin.gif

Not sure what it was called.

Just pick one of the others that is somewhat balanced.

------------------

Thanks guys!

Ok no more entries.

I'll play:

1)fdiskboy

2)Peterk

3)fd ski

4)DaveT

5)patboivin

I'll send your setups tommorrow. I'm off then. This will be the hardest part. After that it'll be clock work.

Suggestion to make less email errors: In your PBEM folder, create a file for me. In that file, create a sent and received file. This way it's easier to keep track of emails and errors are corrected and verified much faster.

Man, I got in too late. Well, I can start the next list, I guess. I wanna play 1 game with someone to see how I like it. I always thought wargames sucked until CM. The graphics made me play long enough to discover the strategy. I still want the graphics though. I've played a few games against the computer, and I have a general idea how to use the units. I'm making a scenario, and I'm learning a lot from that, too. Small map, QB, not too long, OK? Great, I'm anxious to find out how this works.

DeanCo--

deanco@cybercable.fr

I'm also interested in trying PBEM. I've got lots of bad habits from playing the AI so will probably not be much of a threat until I start learning the real nuances.

If you are into 'trouncing and denouncing' I'm not interested. I'd rather make one or two friends that I enjoy both winning against and losing to.

E-mail me at vipervt@together.net.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

Man, I got in too late. Well, I can start the next list, I guess. I wanna play 1 game with someone to see how I like it. [...] Small map, QB, not too long, OK? Great, I'm anxious to find out how this works.

DeanCo--

deanco@cybercable.fr <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeanCo,

Are you playing with the gold demo, or with the shipped version of the game?

Let me know, if the demo I can play Close Encounter or Valley of Trouble against you, doesn't make any difference.

I kind of lied when I said I was new to CM, I've been playing Advanced Squad Leader for years and I've been playing Combat Mission for a couple of months now. eek.gif

Now that I posted this maybe iggi you should slant the scenario 25% or 50% in your favour? I feel brave today. biggrin.gif