UK ISP`s

Guest AL the red

Guest AL the red

Sorry BTS,this is way off topic but i am desperate.Do any UK chummies know of any decent ISP`s?.I am currently on Freeserve at £10 a month and am getting p****d off at waiting 30 to 40 mins to connect.I have heard of 24-7Freecall which is supposed to be the bees knees.Any suggestions?

I have 24-7 Freecall and they are defenitely down on their knees. Two weeks ago everything was fine, but now it is kinda nightmarish to get a decent connection during evenings and weekends. Somehow I am not surprised at all.

If you can get PeterNZ'er on to this thread he might talk about some dodgy adsl deal he stumbeled upon. Peter?

I use Madasafish...I connect at 52,000 on a 56k modem..dont lose connection..nice connections..(I play Ultima Online on a US shard (Catskills, east coast) and to that shard I get 180ms and its only 9 hops)..they also have 2 unmetered access packages , 1 package is evenings and weekends and the other is 24/7 unmetered (which is what I am using).

However..I too vote for any of the other peoples suggestions..but only because it means more bandwidth for me on Madasafish biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I use both AOL and RedHotAnt. AOL because of reliability and they will be shortly releasing unmetered call service for £14.99 to current users.

RHA is unmetered and initially had problems due to demand. However, this has now been sorted to a greater degree, although you still get problems connecting during evenings. Rates are £30 connection then £60 for the year 24 hour service.

Guest AL the red

Thanks for the info.I suspect i will have to stay on freeserve for the time being,their package still offers the best deal for internet addicts like me.I am currently logging on at every opportunity, e.g whilst out at the pub , in the hope that i am on when i get home.This is ridiculous ! Talk about caught between the devil and the deep blue sea! If all other freeserve users are using these tactics we`re all in trouble. frown.gif