CM 2 questions

To to fufill my idle curiosity can anyone fill in answers to these questions about CM2?

1.) Time period. Whole timescale of eastern front or just a limited time frame? If limited I would prefer 1942-43. If its the full war man you guys are in for a LOT of work 8) Thats a ton of units equipment, nationalities to cover.

2.) Horses. I understand why horses were left out of CM1 but as they most definetly were used in a combat role in the east throughout the war will they be in CM2?

3.) Campaigns. Has BTS changed its views about adding a campaign system? This is still my favourite feature about the SP series following a unit through the war with a battle every few months really is highly enjoyable and I miss it in CM.

4.) When is it roughly being scheduled for completion?

Cheers and thanks for a great game.

_dumbo

Not to mention:

extensive Field works (ie trenches); Mine dogs (ie Russian Canine Panzer demolishers); Penal Troops; Sven; Tiny; Porta; Old 'un; and the rest of the entourage. wink.gif

Mace

BTW, Please make the period 1939-45!!! (can then have German's vs Polish, Russian's vs Polish, etc)

1. I think It's supposed to be the russo-german war.

From germans initial invasion to the end.

2. If enough data is shown, that they were used often, not

just once or twice, I'd guess so.

3. Hope so, but probably not.

4. When it's ready. I'd guess. These guys can't schedule worth damn.

And Hassel's books are great. biggrin.gif

I'd imagine the first book was "almost" true.

I am ashamed to admit it but I thought the Sven Hassle books were true stories when i read them as a kid 8)

When I first read Hassel (the second book in the series) I also thought that it was a true story. The second book started to raise doubts and by mid-third book I was certain that the author had taken some "creative licences" in the text. The final straw was the first book in the series. A penal guy defusing 200 unexploded bombs. In 1940. Yeah, sure.

All and all, Hassel's "memoirs" are approximately as reliable and authentic than those of baron Hieronymus von Münchausen, with the exception that the good ol' baron was really a historical figure.

- Tommi

I think the Polish campaign will turn up in CM-4: The Early War (or s.t. like that).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

All and all, Hassel's "memoirs" are approximately as reliable and authentic than those of baron Hieronymus von Münchausen, with the exception that the good ol' baron was really a historical figure.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tommi, thanks for giving me my new fact for the day. I hadn't known that von Münchausen's first name was Hieronymus. Then again, what else could it be?

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

[This message has been edited by Hakko Ichiu (edited 07-18-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Then again, what else could it be?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ethan?

------------------

Andreas