Do HQs help FO's accuracy or time-to-fire?

I couldn't find anything on a quick search, although I'm sure a myriad of terms could have been used if this has been discussed before.

The question is, if an HQ has the combat bonus (lightning bolt), does this confer any accuracy or time-to-fire benefits to an artillery FO who is in his C&C?

I have noticed no significant effect of HQ on shortening FO's time to FFE. However, I have noticed that a combination of highest experience/quality level you can get coupled with target within LOS or a TRP are the most effective ways to cut time to FFE.

Probably just stating the obvious but them's my 2 cents.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

I hate to say it, but Juardis did an experiment such as this and reported his results. There may be an aspect you are looking for that hasn't been addressed previously (or in Juardis' work)-- but it doesn't appear so.

So, I hate to say it... but... do a search (and throw Juardis in the search string...).

I have no definitive opinion on this yet, but I will relate one recent PBEM experience.

As a UK player, I had one 25-lbr spotter move off to an extended position from the main attack force, so to get LOS to potential enemy positions behind a reverse-slope. The spotter was "out of command" in the turn that the first fire orders were plotted. Time for the rounds to fire was FOUR minutes. On a later occasion, when the spotter was back in command again, time was reduced to two minutes for a new fire call.

Other factors might have been applied to give that long of a fire call time. (UK spotters are also supposed to be "fast" in their fire call access.) But did C&C play a role here? It's possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Juardis, are you sure that FOs don't have lower TTI when in command? I'll experiment this weekend, but it's been my impression that being in command helps the FO get splashdown faster.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Positive. Think about it. The FO radios instructions to the rear batteries. Once those instructions are sent, it's out of his hands. Whether the FO is in C&C or not is irrelevant to how fast he calls in a target and how accurate the rear battery is in delivering their munitions on that target.

HQ units will impart their morale bonus and stealth bonus to the FO (and even the fighting bonus but since FOs don't fight, it's a rather useless bonus to confer smile.gif) because those directly affect the FO. The FO will also move sooner if in C&C, just like any other unit.

The time on target is affected only by the experience of the FO and whether he can see the target/target area. The higher the experience, the sooner the rounds hit the ground. If in LOS, the sooner the rounds hit the ground (approximately double the time shown if not in LOS).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

That would sound altogether appropriate in the way you've described it, Juardis. But in that "four-minute case" which I cited earlier, there was a direct LOS to the target point.

Perhaps I'll go check on the PBEM files tonight and see if this repeats.