Quick fatigue Question

Hello all,

I am at work, hence without the benefit of my manual. I tried searching, but as i thought this is probably too basic of a question to be asked.

Once troops get tired (weary...) is there a chance for them to rest and return to a more positive physical state?

Guest Mortiis

Yep. just dont give them any move orders for the turn and they'll be well rested.

Now to add my own question to this, and its simply a question so please leave your flamethrowers at the door. It 'seems' that units recover pretty quick from their weary status, Im not in the best of shape but if I did half of what my soldiers did Id be taking more than a minute to get my breath back. Comments? I should prolly run some actual tests of this before posting this but Id rather be playing cm than running tests at this moment. Thnx in advance

[This message has been edited by Mortiis (edited 08-25-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mortiis (edited 08-25-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

They will recover from being TIRED in about one turn but I have not ever seen them recover from Weary or Exhausted that quick. Those can take SEVERAL turns of inaction to recover from. I had a unit stay Weary for an entire battle once and he wasnt ever given any further movement orders.

Check it out and I think you will see the same.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

You also have to remember that in combat the old adrenaline pump is working overtime.

People are capable of amazing things when bullets are flying and the adrenaline starts pumping.

Many in combat go along time without food or sleep, and even carry on with wounds, that outside of combat would put anyone down, smile.gif

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-

Guest Michael emrys

All very true, GB. And don't forget too that most of the men we are seeing in the game are in their late teens and early twenties and are in prime physical condition. If they are adequately fed, they will have reserves of energy to draw on.

Michael

Michael emrys

> And don't forget too that most of the men we are seeing in the game are in their late teens and early twenties and are in prime physical condition.

I thought that was taken for granted - sounds like a bunch of old-timers speaking here! "Yes, I remember the days when I could sprint 1000 yards carrying two machineguns and 5000 rounds of ammunition, and I didn't even get out of breath! Those were the days..."

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Michael emrys

> And don't forget too that most of the men we are seeing in the game are in their late teens and early twenties and are in prime physical condition.

I thought that was taken for granted - sounds like a bunch of old-timers speaking here! "Yes, I remember the days when I could sprint 1000 yards carrying two machineguns and 5000 rounds of ammunition, and I didn't even get out of breath! Those were the days..."

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe me, I look back fondly on the days when I was only 30!

Michael smile.gif

Guest Mortiis

thnx for the info, didnt even consider the adrenaline rush aspect.

Then again I should have recalled the rush I would get from playing paintball and that wasnt even real bullets. BTW anyone else on this forum play paintball. Its a great experience gives you some idea of what a soldier would be thinking, and I do stress 'some idea'. I remember my first game, bought myself a semi-auto with kewl looking black and grey tigerstripe design. There I was kneeling down in the woods by myself behind enemy lines (seperated from my squad), absolutley scared to move from my spot. Sweat was streaming down my face; stinging my eyes and my goggles were fogging up on me. Finally I said no fun sitting here afraid to get knocked out early and forced myself to move. Next thing you know my lower jaw goes numb and I start spitting out red paint from my mouth and I remember being scared that their may be blood mixed in with it and that I may just loose a few teeth. To my delight all my pearly whites were still there and my only battle wound was a big welt on my chin. Next day I bought a predator full face mask. wink.gif

Yeah, I paintball once and a while. Started playing 12 years ago with Sheridan pistols. I agree that everyone should try it at least once. It's something to try to avoid the sting of a paintball! I remember when I first started playing, there were around 8 guys with headsets and matching uniforms. They thought they were hot s**t. Well, guess who were usually the first ones out of the game..........

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

quite aside from adrenalin rush, yes, these move rates are plausible for the relatively short durations in CM. i'm no superman either but i routinely do half-marathons, free-climbing, hiking, etc. admittedly i try -hard- to carry no more than a 50 pound pack when hiking, though! also, remember if people know they're about to enter combat, whenever possible the packs come off so they 'only' have weapons, ammo, water, radios, helmets, first aid gear...

Yeah I am into paintball a lot.

Just 2 years ago at this one area we did a 24 hour game called "Barbarossa" It had thousands of players, and casualties were reinserted every half hour or so. It was a lot of fun, playing over miles of terrain.

They even had specialized weapons in it, like heavy MG's that took two men to carry, and bazookas which fired about 30 rounds in a big ball all at once. They even had tanks which were basically trucks with a closed back and an armored MG turret on the front.

It was really well done, I got to be a German platoon leader. They even had medals and everything. I got an Iron Cross 2nd for killing 2 Russian tanks by myself. My platoon was holding a fort against 2 Russian platoons. (In this game, platoons were usually only about 20 men, and sometimes your company CO would send you some support) We had maybe 6 men left total, and then the Russian tanks showed up loaded with infantry in the back. That was bad news. My bazooka guy took a hit so I grabbed his zook and got a lucky long range shot on the tank. It was amzing! The second tank behind it was rolling up the road and I shot out the gunner and the driver with my rifle so it was declared "dead". 30 seconds after that I had the full attention of every Russian there and was soon dead myself smile.gif Judges saw what happened and they noted it down and gave it to our CO, and he gave me a medal. Getting the medal won me a free facemask so it was all great :0

I urge any paintball fans to try a reenactment scenario

The other year I did one called "Burma Road" It was the biggest thunderstorm we had in years, and the "road" was more like a canal. my my my smile.gif