Oerjan's Taskforce Fenwick AAR

Jingo

Thanks for the information, and what you said makes perfect sense, but the question remains: In the real world are firing units MOST TIMES spotted or not? I understand that TacOps is only a simulation, but it really helps me to understand the basics of modern warfare, and it would be great to get as close to the "real world" as possible. Thanks for any information.

Great AAR.

You've shown a good example for,how i would call

it: "Jägertaktik".

As soon as my copy arrives i have to try this.

For the "firing units are always spoted" thing:

Try to spot a sniper esp. when he uses a silencer!

=> and it depends a lot on they equipment of your

enemy.

bye

Michael

Well Robert,

I tried this in Steel beasts.

While driving a LEO 2 you can see a BRDM AT vehicle fire its missile.

Than you see a small ball of light heading towards you.

Only if you have your thermals on and if you are fast enough you can kill the ATvehicle before the missile hits your tank.

It all depends on the range the enemy is at,at 2000 meters you have a lot of time to engage the ATGM unit if you spot them fast enough

My experience wit tacops is that you have an abstracted surprise element that would last for 15 seconds.

So best tactics is to use advance to enemy and in the sop menu reverse when enemy unit is spot

Give a target type order for the unit you wish to engage.

Great tactic that usually works well.

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Well Robert,I tried this in Steel beasts.

While driving a LEO 2 you can see a BRDM AT vehicle fire its missile. Than you see a small ball of light heading towards you.

Only if you have your thermals on and if you are fast enough you can kill the ATvehicle before the missile hits your tank.

It all depends on the range the enemy is at,at 2000 meters you have a lot of time to engage the ATGM unit if you spot them fast enough...

Good comments. In Steel Beasts , a standard battle drill worked best for me. I left an overwatch element behind me to suppress/kill enemy weapons. When my lead vehicles took fire from ATGMS, I turned to put my frontal armor toward the enemy, popped my smoke grenades, and reversed back into the smoke cloud. Because TacOps doesn't allow a unit to change orientation through an SOP, the normal "Reverse if fired on and pop smoke [200m]" function can back you out of you smoke screen and re-expose you to enemy fire.

Good comments on two great games.

Gary

During two weeks ago test session I drove Nick crazy with that Tacops tactic.

He had his units in defilate position,saw my units when they fired(took casualties) and got crazy because they dissappeared before his units could return fire smile.gif

Coyote :

I have a nice patch for steel beasts.

Send me a mail if you want them.