I owe 'em all a beer

I have been waiting for a while before I created my signature, because I wasn't too sure what I wanted. But now I know. It came to me in a battle I was playing today, when I ran out of tanks and the Americans only had one. The tank was tearing up my infantry when all of a sudden, as if from out of nowhere, came three panzershreck crews. (actually 2, one was hiding in the steeple of a church. smile.gif) When the dust settled, all of my soldiers were intact and firing at a broken crew crawling under their abandoned tank. I went on to take a total victory. This is the first time I've even won this scenario with the Germans, (A Chance Encounter, give me a break, I'm a beginner.) much less a total victory. So in honor of the guys that won it for me, and because I'm not old enough to buy beer, I created a signature just for them.

------------------

Be nice to your panzershrecks. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by silentsniper (edited 08-11-2000).]

A crack quality zook or schreck team can be a very dangerous weapon. I'm playing a scenario right now in which I have one crack zook that has already killed two King Tigers, and a veteran zook that has taken out another. They are particularly nasty when placed in hiding on the top floor of a building, or are placed in other good cover in ambush.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Take care in placement ... if your 'schreck is in a light building it will sometimes set the building on fire from the backblast.

yep ... been there, done that.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

Guest Germanboy

Two PIATs, one turn, three Stugs, three shots, three hits, three penetrations, two kills. Gotta love all the English engineering before the Austin Metro. The third Stug killed by a Firefly that was killed by a PIAT seconds later. One Churchill gone, killed by SPW234/3. In the most exciting turn I ever watched, in a battle with 1250 points each. My opponent is in trouble, but so am I.

Now the fun starts.

Oh, the topic... He had his Stugs advance to within 50m of my infantry (not knowing it was there) without an infantry screen. Why he did not just throw demo charges at them himself before the game started I don't know. LATW are deadly, if you sit back and wait. If you lay an ambush, they will come.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 08-11-2000).]