--GeForce 2mx + Hi-res mods = smooth silk

Spii

Voodoo cards use a proprietary API named Glide. GeForce cards use the standard D3D API. Check the technical specifications of your games. If the game supports D3D, they'll run fine with a GeForce. If the game only supports Glide, the GeForce won't work with it.

This shouldn't really be an issue however. I can only think of one recent game which only supported Glide. A GeForce should do just fine with nearly any game.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spii:

bring on the hi-res, this game is looking better everyday, nice work mod men!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youe have a GeForce 2MX? How do you like it, what about the two monitor ability? How is that working out for you? I'm thinking of getting this card and wanted to talk to some people who are using it. Any issues?

Horrido

Just to add a couple of points...as was stated, Voodoo cards use the proprietary Glide API (application programming interface) natively. They also work with Microsoft's Direct3D API. Other manufacturers cards (based on other 3D chips) can run Glide games by using a Glide wrapper or software wrapper that emulates Glide by translating a games Glide calls into Direct3D calls. Usually, a Glide game looks and runs better on a Voodoo card because it does not have to use this wrapper. Maybe that could be negated with a very fast GeForce even though it has to use the extra software wrapper (not sure about this, just a guess).

yep brooktrout, i think that is what the creative site was talking about (wrapper) of some kind.

GeForce 2 mx runs really fast, looks good, and at fraction of cost of the non-mx models. I had to order direct from creative to get it (annihilator 2 mx). So far seems to have the graphic quality of a matrix with much more speed.

"yep brooktrout, i think that is what the creative site was talking about (wrapper) of some kind"

If i remember correctly, Creative Labs was one of the first to come out with a glide wrapper for glide games because they were pissed at 3DFX for going from 3D chipmaker to card manufacturer with the STB purchase.

So the annihilator 2 mx is the dual monitor version? Made by creative...any major differances between the GeForce 2MX and the GeForce 2 GTS?

Thanks!

Horrido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spii:

yep brooktrout, i think that is what the creative site was talking about (wrapper) of some kind.

GeForce 2 mx runs really fast, looks good, and at fraction of cost of the non-mx models. I had to order direct from creative to get it (annihilator 2 mx). So far seems to have the graphic quality of a matrix with much more speed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>