Questions on face-to-face play

I can't a lot of info on plating hotseat. How does that work? Does one person put in his orders while the other looks away and then they switch before the action phase? Is there any way to direct connect two PCs and play head-to-head? Has anyone got CM running on a laptop?

Just curious.

hot seat: never tried.

CM on a laptop: absolutely. Powerbook G3 466 MHz (upgraded chip, but was running ok also on the original 266 MHz), Ati Rage Pro, 192MB RAM, 14.1 active matrix screen and you are set for roadwarrior CM, 1024x768 res, . ;)

PS

Still it is better with my Voodoo5 on the desktop G3 and 21' screen, and 1280x960 res. I could go higher there but Voodoo5 crops the view. Waiting for new drivers to go to higer res (gosh, I could select 2048x1536: will it work? ;) )

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sluggo:

I can't a lot of info on plating hotseat. How does that work? Does one person put in his orders while the other looks away and then they switch before the action phase? Is there any way to direct connect two PCs and play head-to-head? Has anyone got CM running on a laptop?

Just curious.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically it works like this:

One guy sets up a QB and chooses which side he wants to be and his password. He purchases units, sets his folks up, and clicks go. he then goes upstairs and gets a beer while his friends stops singing old negro spiritual hymns and sits down to process his turn. That friend sees the first movie. After that movie is played, that friend goes to the commode while the first friend sits down and watches the movie and then plots a new turn.

my .02

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Hiram is correct. With a couple of exceptions.

To play hotseat it does not need to be a QB. As a matter of fact the one me, Hiram and Peng played was a premade scenario.

He is right that each turn you watch a movie and plot. Depending on who went first you either get movie then plot or plot then movie.

Also, a stand up bass should be played loudly and badly enough to annoy the wife.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng