Can someone please do a texture for H-39?

With all of these mods coming out, can anybody pay some attention to the lowly H-39 Hotchkiss? The one that comes with the game is pretty ugly, and I keep playing with these things in numerous scenarios. I know it is not a glamourous tank, but please, let's have a nice factory grey model or something like that.

Does anyone feel my pain?

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Runyan99:

Does anyone feel my pain?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can, but so far I have not associated it with the painting of this glorified lawnmower.

------------------

Andreas

How about the paint job be done with invisible paint? Then, and only then, might the "behemoth like" Hotchkiss survive for more than a turn once it's spotted...simply because it will never be spotted...THINKS OUT LOUD...unless of course it's moving through smoke ah la that current Kevin Bacon film.

Of course the uncharitable ones amongst us could argue that even if it is invisible it will still be next to useless. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

------------------

Whoa mule, WHOA!.....when ah sez Whoa ahz mean WHOA!!! ....Whang....

Ya flea bitten varmit...

Ah hate dat Wabbit! (or Gerbil or Hampster or Rattus Rattus...insert preference)

I would do it but I don't know how to the animation for the flames and smoke, since thats what it looks like 12sec into the first round of any game.

-----

"People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do."

-Anon.

Guest Wally'sWorld

Gentlemen, please!

Possible ****SPOILER****

I just fought the 'No Better Place to Die' scenario by Berlichtingen and Cory Runyan from the ASL for Combat Mission website and the H-39s did their job quite well for the Germans. I still had some of them operating at the end of the battle. I had to be careful with them and of course, it helped that I faced only paratroops and not any armour formations. But I guess the H-39s can hace their place in certain situations.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wally'sWorld:

But I guess the H-39s can hace their place in certain situations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guarding Austrian mountain passes between 1940 and 1942 comes to mind...

Or on the shooting range of a tank gunner's school....

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Guarding Austrian mountain passes between 1940 and 1942 comes to mind...

Or on the shooting range of a tank gunner's school....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or in my latest operation at Rugged Defense,titled Toy Tanks and Steel Men,Andreas! biggrin.gif