Winter Tiger Mod

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Nice job. Where can I grab it from?

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Tiger: not bad at all! I like the simple white scheme. Were can I grab it?

Ps. Is it just me or have more and more of the tanks you put out ended up brown ish? because I like it!!! Finnaly some congruantcy in the tanks! Keep it up!

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

love the wheels<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>They're actually the worst part, IMHO.

There are never that sharp shades in a snowy landscape.

- The sun is never high, so any shades would go more sideways than down.

- The snow reflects about 98% of incoming light, thus reducing any shadows a great deal and adding a blueish effect.

Cheers

Olle

wintertigermod1a.jpg

Here's another view. The first pic in the post above was taken at dawn/dusk. The bmps look like they had a little bit more brown-mud highlights. I'll have to check the hue because they didn't show up here as dark as I wanted them to.

-johnS

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlitzForce:

Personally I don't think that Tiger model is very accurate for the western front Circa 44-45, as its a mid model Tiger with the rubber rimmed wheels. They had a few in Normandy, but pretty much never to be seen after that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I hate to show my ignorance, but how on god's paved earth can you tell that this Tiger has "Rubber Rimmed Wheels?" I realize that I don't know near as much about these things as many of you, but holy crap! Rubber rimmed wheels? Please tell me you're joking.

Well done Tiger.

------------------

"Nuts!"

wintertigermod1b.jpg

here's the final variant with a tiny bit higher dirty snow look on the tank.

Blitzforce, in CMBO there are Tiger tank and Tiger tank (late) you can purchase. There are not two seperate models for both. I have this same model with the late roadwheels as well, though I prefer the early ones.

I'll post the late model wheels as well.

-johnS

Croda, here's an example of the late model Tiger roadwheels (the ones w/o rubber around the edges):

wintertigermod1c.jpg

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 11-13-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

You know, I hate to show my ignorance, but how on god's paved earth can you tell that this Tiger has "Rubber Rimmed Wheels?" I realize that I don't know near as much about these things as many of you, but holy crap! Rubber rimmed wheels? Please tell me you're joking.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe biggrin.gif

Well you can tell by the wheel design, the late model Tigers have all steel wheels, which look different, and have all these bolts on the side of the wheel. You can tell a rubber rimmed wheel type, by the thick rubber on th outer edge of the wheel as shown here smile.gif

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Tiger... Stop with the teasers! Were can I get it???????????

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Not to sound harsh here, but don't you guys realize that Tiger only tends to send his MODS to CMHQ? And then you know how long, sometimes, it takes for Madmatt to post them.

It seems that Tiger should send his stuff to Kump if he wants to get them up relatively quickly.

Sooner or later, when I get the MAXIMUS MOD HQ up, anybody that wants to get their mods up ASAP can send them to me.