Fallschirmjagger trend

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I came across these fighting men on accident. And oh my lord, they can do magical things.

If the terrain is reasonably wooded, these guys barely need armor support! They have been called the most modern/best armed infantry of ww2, and judging from CM, I would tend to agree....

The FJ's may not have been the majority of the army, but I imagine the high command wished they were!

I pretty much play as the Germans most the time, and I can tell you that for sheer kick ass firepower, the Gebirgsjager have it. But for very good firepower and cool uniforms that will get you in good with the frauleins, you can't go past the Fallschirmjager.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Huh! Goanna...

One minute your bagging Germans and insulting them, the next you love em and your playing as them...

Frankly its commanders like you who lost Germany the war....

P.s. I dont forget insults made against my ancestors...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

[This message has been edited by JOCHEN PEIPER (edited 08-05-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Peiper, take a chill pill. This is a game. People make comments in attempts at levity. If you cannot deal with this, you should probably not read the forum. It will only upset and confuse you.

Smile. This is supposed to be fun.

(included is a pre-emptive shoosh, for whatever "he offended my heritage" response you might have in mind)

Mark IV wrote:

Maybe not that common on the battlefield, but more bang for your CM buck.

Just wait till CMII and check Finnish sissi companies. Each squad had either 9 SMGs or 8 SMGs and a LMG. And the SMGs were not some German peashooters but Suomi SMGs with drum clips and effective range up to 150 m (with single shots, of course. No hand-held weapon can fire accurate bursts to that range). They would be in a trouble in Ukrainian steppes but put them in a forest...

Another good weapon allocation was used in many jääkäri companies: 1 LMG, 2 rifles, 6 SMGs.

- Tommi

"Frankly its commanders like you who lost Germany the war...."

Umm, the war ended over 50 years ago Jochen. man, I really am worried about you.

"P.s. I dont forget insults made against my ancestors..."

Sheesh, ok, don't forget this. The Germans wore nothing but lederhosen (and I mean nothing butlederhosen wink.gif ) and loved nothing better than to tickle Hitler till he gigled like a baby. (That includes ur grandad).

Jochen, I'm thinking that you might do better to live in REALITY and not some fantasy Waffen-SS/Germany idealisation alternate universe.

"I don't forget insults to my ancestors".. You know, that'd be funny if it wasn't truly, truly tragic.

Speaking of FJs, here´s a story forya:

Played a QB (meeting eng) the other night with all preferences set at random. Ended with veteran brit infantry with aome halftracks as support. In the middle of the battlefield there was a wooded hill with the victory flags. So I planed a two pronged assault on the hill so that the infantry would be overwelming the hill with sheer numbers from two directions, armor used as providers of covering fire. Well by turn three I´ve gotten in to position and not a single shot had been fired and there was no indication that the hill was in german hands, so I set my infantry to overrun the victory location, with the plan of holding this piece og highground and make the enemy come to me. Well was I in for a surprise, the AI had the exact same plane as I BUT it had FJs charging the hill. The next two turns saw all my infantry wiped out and a damned PZSchreck knocking out two of my three HTs;(. By turn 5 I hit the "shift A". No way was I gonna take the hill with one lousy HT and two 2 inch mortars, all that was left of my once formidable (or so I thought) force. FJs lost one squad, I lost six + two HQs.

"C´est la guerre"

Beeing the masochist I am I quite enjoyed it though smile.gif.

And please Jochen et al

"Don´t mention the War!"

ALL i was saying is that he seems to like Germans all of a sudden...there is a thing called sarcasm...

He made a hurtful comment about my Grandfather, YEH! like any of you would let that slide...

Now your jumping down my neck for nothing...

OOOOHHH YOUR A NAZI,,, YOUR THIS YOUR THAT...

Frankly you should all try and read into the meaning of my post before posting your incoherent crap... If that dont work,,, take an overdose of sleeping pills and dont bother me again...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Fionn:

Who lives in reality?

This is WAR!

Jochen:

just saw your post as I posted mine, didn´t mean to add to the agony and pain that you surely feel at the moment. And as of the Gebirgjägers I have another story for you:

same setup as before so I wasn´t sure what I was gonna get and who my opponents would be. All I knew was thjat in mountain terrain I was gonna lead a german force in an attack.

Well as I started the game I had row after row of gebirgsjägers, a couple of mortars and MG:S. So just for the fun of it I selected all pure inf units (no MG:s or Mortars) to run to the VL:S. And that they did. I merely sat and watched as they butchered a large entrenched (foxholes) american force holding a mountainpass (twu hills created a small valley in which a road ran, the VL was to secure the road.

Once again five turns, an easy victory this time. Made me wonder, even though you buy units for say 500 each (as in this the previous case), quality always seem to win over quantity.'

Agree?

Disagree?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Sheesh, ok, don't forget this. The Germans wore nothing but lederhosen (and I mean nothing butlederhosen wink.gif ) and loved nothing better than to tickle Hitler till he gigled like a baby. (That includes ur grandad).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[oompah music]

NEW FROM MATTEL, IT'S "TICKLE-ME HITLER!"

[shot of "Tickle-Me Hitler" giggling like a baby]

[shot of happy children playing with "Tickle-Me Hitler"]

YES, "TICKLE-ME HITLER" IS A WONDERFUL FRIEND FOR EVERY GIRL AND BOY! WHY, EVEN YOUR GRANDAD WILL LOVE "TICKLE-ME HITLER!"

[shot of your grandad, wearing lederhosen and a Tyrolean hat, doing the Bavarian Slap-Yourself-Silly Dance]

Grandad: "Ja ja! Ich liebe "Tickle-Me Hitler!"

[shot of a giggling "Tickle-Me Hitler"]

SO GO GET "TICKLE-ME HITLER" TODAY! SOLD AT FINE TOY STORES EVERYWHERE!

[final shot: Grandad trips over a Really Long-Ass Alpine Horn. Oompa music crashes to a halt. "Tickle-Me Hitler" giggles]

-- Mike Zeares (aka 19 Echo)

definently wan´t one of those. not to mention the other MATTEL ALL STAR GREATS!

How about the:

JaltaTRIO: GET THEM ALL BEFORE THE WAR IS OVER!!!!

"drink-me-winston", he puffs smoke and if you squeeze his stomach he burps(tommy-gun included, but no batteries!

"slap-me-stalin"what can we say, YOU GET TO TRIM HIS NOSEHAIR (Comes with a Playmogulag module)

and "ramblin-rallying-roosevelt" YOU GET TO BE THE CONGRESS!(Fake money included)

and as a Spanish side show IT`S

"FAR-OUT-FRANCO" chill out with this inflatable gent this summer, bargain trips to Torremolinos for the first lucky hundreds!!!!

The Summer is far from over!