Where can I put my new mod?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Honestly, Wolf, I don't think that one will pass Madmatt's "filter" and it shows the blocky tiles between elevations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have something against me? smile.gif

I don't care about Madmatt's filters, there's some people who have asked me to put it somewhere to download, so I'm trying to do that.

The tiles aren't too blocky in low-contrast version for sure.

You just don't seem to get it, the whole point of this mod is _to make terrain elevation more clear_, and it does that. Let's face it, some use grids, those ain't too beautiful to look either. In my opinion my mod looks far better than gridded terrain and there's other people who think so too. _I didn't want to make another ordinary grass/snow mod, there's enough of those._

So again, I'm not asking for Madmatt to pick it up, I'm asking someone. Now, who were there..? Kump? Tom? Anyone?

PS. I can't send them by email. FTP would be nice.

[This message has been edited by Wolf^ (edited 12-08-2000).]

I'll post them on my web page wolf^. Don't pay any attaction to Maximus he just likes to bug people...well at least he tris.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS board

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

That's just Maximus smile.gif Rob/1 is the Anti-Maximus, and together, they form the ultimate evil.

smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Pillar I hate to.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarhead:

When you get this posted, be sure to lets us all know where it is. I like the pretty grass mods. But I would prefer the more obvious "Grass" elev graphic. otherwise known as the "OGEG." smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm.. I don't quite understand what you mean. My English isn't too good. Sorry.

----Edited----

Oh, I think I understood it now. You like this grass mod more than other grass mods, is that what you meant?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolf^:

Thank you guys very much!

Rob, umm.. how can I get that mod to you? Can I use FTP?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just email it to me at robisme_ca@hotmail.com

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Board

BHQS board

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolf^:

The idea of my mod was to make terrain elevation more visible...B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...which is something that I am looking for in grass mods! Being able to judge elevation is probably a more important feature than the texture itself.

I go for the lighter "subdued" style terrain but have yet to find a subdued-compatible grass set that lets me judge elevation as easily as I could with the original CM grass set.

It seems the trend in grass modding has been to decrease/comprimise the tonal differences in the tiles to make the tiles blend more. This is fine but with the abscence of dynamic lighting, it makes it almost impossible to judge elevation (which can be difference between life and death in a game!)

Having tonal differences isnt a bad thing or something which has to be comprimised to make a texture set look realistic in CM. It actually compensates for the lack of dynamic lighting in the 3D CM world. Low lying areas are "in the shade"/darker and higher areas are brighter (in direct sunlight).

I think the original CM grass set is excellent. It has the right balance of tonal variation allowing adequate elevation judgement and texture blends to make it look like grass on hills in the game. In fact, I have gone back to it after trying out several of the subdued-style grass packs. Really the only thing I would change about the original grass set (given that I have now gone to "the dark side"...please forgive me BTS...hehe) would be to give it the subdued treatment leaving the texture/tonal variation between tiles basically the same.

A step in the right direction Wolf^. I will be trying out your mod. Good work!

Lt Bull

Thank you very much for your kind words Lt Bull! smile.gif

You have a really good point there!

I like very much how the elevation shows in my new mod. I'm very satisfied with it. I hope everyone likes it as much as I do. It should be ready for download very soon! If you don't want to wait, come to CM-chat at irc and I can DCC send that mod to everyone who wants it. I'm there now, nick is Wolffi.

----Edited----

That is so well spoken Lt Bull, I hope Maximus reads that! wink.gif

Wolf,

Feel free to ftp it to ftp.plansys.com (use anonymous and your email address as password, then let rob or matt or whomever know where you put it. It is my companys ftp site, but I run it, so its no big deal.

------------------

Are you gonna pull them pistols? Or whistle Dixie? --- Josey Wales