Panzerfaust BBQ

To All:

Very informative and well reasoned responses.

I have had no experience firing any of these weapons in real life. I really appreciate the information from experienced individuals in this forum.

In CM space, however, I do place zook/shreck units in large heavy buildings for ambush purposes. I have not had a fire break out in a large heavy. I have had fires break out in both light and heavy small buildings-- convincing me not to do so again.

I believe the manual even warns players about placing zook/shreck (particularly shreck) teams in buildings...

It's a shame the topic initiator is not reading the excellent responses herein.

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

This may seem like a dumb question but...

Is there a difference in possibility of a fire starting in either a "Light Building" or "Heavy Building"?

In the game I take light to mean wood and plaster while Heavy to at least contain a fair amount of stone/block/brick building materials.

GP

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I love seeing the routing of error by the massed fanatical battalions of Fact.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that at least is one attack I can take charge of.

Greasypig - even heavy buildings contain an awful lot of flammable material, particularly the floors and ceilings. They were made from logs, covered withthin wooden planking, covered (from below)with straw on which plaster was thrown. But you are right, they should be less dangerous regarding spontaneous combustion.

------------------

Andreas

I was actually surprised at the lghtness of the penalty given to use of LATW in buildings in the game.

In ASL, for example, using a faust, schreck, or zook inside a building can result in an attack on everyone in the location.

Having fired LAWs, AT-4s, and the mighty TOW myself in my time in the infantry, I can assure you that firing rocket propelled objects inside of an enclosed area is a decidedly BAD idea.

If it was up to me, units firing a LATW (other than a PIAT) inside a building would be forced to take an attack, not jsut risk pinning.

Jeff Heidman

Hate to admit this but it sounds like I may be the only one who's actually fired a bazooka. While going through basic training as a reservist, we spent a weekend familiarizing weapons that reserve/guard units had. While this was the 3.5 inch (if my memory is correct) two things still stick with me from that experience 1) For a rocket launcher it had quite a quick. Guess there is lots of friction between the tube and the rocket. Thought I was gonna have a black eye smile.gif 2) Before we fired it, the drill sgts set a wooden ammo box upright about 10 yards behind the firing line. One of the sgts then proceeded to fire the bazooka while the box was behind him. The backblast obliterated the ammo crate...literally. The demo certain kept us trainees clear of the back of the things.

My father was a medic in the National Guard back in the 70's. He was called in to deal with a guy who got behind a soldier firing a LAW. His entire face had been burned off down to the bone, definitely not a pretty sight.

Speaking of drill sergeant demos, I remember our first day on the M-16 range at beautiful and picteresque Fort Benning, Georgia.

DS put a steel ammo can down on the on the zero range, full of water. Strolled back, picked up his M-16, and put two rounds through the front. Brought the can abck to us, and showed us the two little .22 caliber holes in the front, and the 6 inch hole in the back.

That made you stop and think.

Jeff Heidman

I've had basic training with the LAW admitedly only fired the 22mm training version but I've seen the real deal fired several times. My point is that I don't think a room would ignite often (I'm not saying it does in the game though, I just received the full version today smile.gif ). On the other hand I sure wouldn't be in a small room firing it. Anyone who has tried the LAW probably got surprised when they pressed the trigger... it's not what you expect, a rocket gliding with a whizz it's more like a bang.