Election Day Special At CMHQ!!!! Cast Your Vote For CM Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Yeah yeah, Loser against Loser. Thrilling. So if you can find the time to pull yourself from the thrilling poll results I have thrown up a little CMHQ update for you which I think you will enjoy.

Tigers new Damaged Building Mod has been posted and they look very cool. he has basically taken all the default buildings from the game and blown them all to hell. smile.gif

Fernando Julio Carrera Buil has been a mod favorite for some time and tonight he shows why with his new Panther Addon II mod. Lots of new insignias and turret numbers and more thrills for his earlier Panther textures.

And to round out the night we got a cool little POTD from Perry Rowe and he managed to catch a nice shot at the key moment. Nice work.

SO, there you go, either stay up to to three in the morning looking at a big checkerboard red and blue map or go to CMHQ and play with new mods. The choice is yours! Exercise your right to Mod!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yeah yeah, Loser against Loser. Thrilling. So if you can find the time to pull yourself from the thrilling poll results I have thrown up a little CMHQ update for you which I think you will enjoy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hum well that's American's. biggrin.gif Good work Matt!

By the way how do you get your words in bold in your profile?

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM! biggrin.gif

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQ

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQ's bord. BHQS bord

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 11-07-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

It was meant to get posted tonight Sosa but I got wrapped up in the election and testing network code. Its on the launch pad and all all fueled up. Trust me!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

I vote for Matt!

He sticks to the issues; mods, he appeals to the broad majority; his site is open to all, he appears to have a solid background; haven't seen him make any references to "smoking cigars", or uploading mods while drinking, he's an insider; working for BTS, and he has skills at foreign diplomacy; locks up forum threads bringing peace, tranquility, and prosperity, to the free cyber world. His record speaks for itself.

VOTE MATT - The Party Party! wink.gif

(Political announcement unpaid for by any Party)

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 11-08-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Download and find out! wink.gif Lets see, let me pull up the readme as I am not 100% certain.

This file add a lot of options for customizing my Panthers.

All file names begin with one or more four-digit numbers. They are the file name(s) for every Panther version where that file can be installed

All 434X numbers (i.e. 4341) are Panther G files

All 435X (i.e. 4350 or 4357) AND 4560 (exaust pipes) and 4561 (side skirts) are Panther A files

All 323X numbers (i.e. 3230 or 3231) are Panther G late files

For example file "4347_3237_4357_808_redsmall.bmp" is a medium size red 808 outlined in white painted on the turret sides. Rename it 4347 to installing it on the Panther G, 3237 for installing it on the Panther G late and/or 4357 for installing it on the Panther A

The files included in this pack are:

4340_3230_PantherG_lateroadwheels:

This file adds steel tyred roadwheels to the Panther G and/or Panther G late. Rename it 3230 (Panther G late) or 4340 (Panther G) for installing it. It also corrects the Panther G and G late side hull. I took it from a picture of a Panther G produced by MAN in September 44. You don't need to install the side hull Panther G file first for getting the corrected hull side.

4340_3230_sidehullPantherG:

This file corrects the side hull of both the Panther G and Panther G late. The previous file included in the Panther G and Panther G late zips showed the Panther A side hull. Thanks to The Desert Fox for pointing it up. Rename it 4340 for the Panther G and/or 3230 for the Panther G late.

4341_3231_UpperHull_Panther_G_12SS and 4341_3231_Upperhull_Panther_G_9_Pz:

This file adds the 12.SS Panzer-Division Hitler Jugend and 9. Panzer-Division divisional insignia to the front plate. This file is for the Panther G and Panther G late versions.

4351_Upperhull_Panther_A_12SS and 4351_Upperhull_Panther_A_9_Pz:

Same files as the previous ones but they add those divisional insignia to the Panther A version.

4361_808_skirt:

It adds a red 808 outlined in white to the Panther A side skirts. You should use it with the LAH turret insignia (a leopard in a circle, file “4352_LAH_smaller”), LAH hull insignia and red 808 on back turret (files “4347_3237_4357_808redlarge_backturret” or “4347_3237_4357_808redlarge_backturret”) on a Panther A if you want to be totally accurate

4361_skirt_missing and 4361_skirt_missing02:

Panther A skirts with one or more missing seections.

4352_LAH_smaller:

It seems no one noticed the LAH side turret insignia (a black leopard in a yellow circle) included in my previous pack for my panthers was a bit oversized. This file adds an insignia of the correct size for those obsessed with historic accuracy (myself included) but IMHO the old, bigger insignia looks nicer.

All other files include numbers for the side or back turret. Please notice that Panther G/G late files AREN’T interchangeable with most Panther A files.

The number 808 used on the files means 8th vehicle of the 8th company. In 1944, the Pz.Rgt. of a Panzerdivision had eight companies (from 1st to 8th) in two Panzer Abteilungen (Battalions). 1st to 4th companies in the I.Abteilung and 5th to 6th companies in the II.Abteilung. Germans used a three-number system for numbering their panzers. For non-HQ vehicles, the first number was the company number (from 1 to 8), the second one was the platoon number (from 1 to 4) and the third one was the vehicle number in the platoon (from 1 to 5) but sometimes there was the company number and the vehicle number in the company (from 1 to 22) or even the company number alone. I used the second system (company and vehicle number in the company) for my Panthers because in CM a side of a vehicle is the mirror image of the other side. Unfortunately it prevents using any number but the 8 and the 0 for writing numbers on the turret of the German tanks. I also ruled out the "1" because Germans didn't write it as "I" (it was used for I or II Abteilung HQ vehicles only) and I didn’t want to get HQ vehicles. Furthermore, an 8 isn't very different from a 3, a 6 or a 9 from a distance so you could think that a 808 seen in the distance is a 609 or a 303. I also know that Panthers went to the I.Abteilung on most Panzer-Divisions (thus getting a 1, 2, 3 or 4 as their first/company number) but a few units had their Panthers in the II.Abteilung. To use the “808” for Panthers isn’t totally accurate but I had no choice.

Fernando J. Carrera Buil

fcarrera@retemail.es

Barcelona

Spain

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-08-2000).]

I think the comments about your vote doesn't matter and both candidates are losers on your webpage aren't very true. Sure they might not be the best choice, but they are running and keeping America's (questionable) democracy alive. And most peoples votes matter, and strong voter turn out is important.

[This message has been edited by ntg84 (edited 11-08-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

I believe the gist of the message was for people TO get out and vote, just said in my own way.

Besides, I am of the opinion that MOST politicians are losers, to one degree or the other.

But then thats the opinion I have of most of the population of this planet so I guess they don't really rate in my eyes as all that different.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-08-2000).]

Well before this one gets locked up.. wink.gif Madmatt... wink.gif I'll throw in my $1.00's worth of politician jargone.

Some people say, Al Gore is a liar, in that he resends some of his previous quotes. Hell who doesn't when they realize they've made a mistake.

But George W. Bush is a complete babbling idiot. You thought Dan Quayle was bad? Just wait and see...IF he does win. Bush makes stupid or obvious comments and stands by them. Like "The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

It's like no ****, George.

Guest Madmatt

makes stupid or obvious comments and stands by them. Like "The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

And that makes him different than all of us HOW? redface.gif

Madmatt

p.s. and NO, I don't padlock my own threads. How can I abuse my authority if I go and do that?!!? eek.gif

I guess it will be up to someone else to padlock this one, eh?

Should have renamed the title to...

Election Day(s) Special At CMHQ!!!!

It is really too bad if Bush gets in, because his horrid past on environmental issues (in Texas) transferred to the Presidential scale will have a lot of effect up here in Canada. Plus, Republican's see us Canadians as Communists and try to make things difficult on us. (like not let us trade with Cuba and stuff)

At least Bush isn't of the same calibur of scarity as the Canadian Alliance candidate Stockwell Day!

I would really liked to have seen a 21st Century introduced by a Nader US Presidency. Either that or Martin Sheen. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Matt,

Are Fernando's Panther G and Panther G(late) that you recently posted the fixed versions with the correct hull side, or still the original versions before he fixed them?

Thanks for everything you do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they aren't. The Panther G and Panther G late zips come with the Panther A side hull. You need to download this addon file and install the "4340_3230_sidehullPantherG" file for updating them. If you install the steel tyred roadwheels file("4340_3230_PantherG_lateroadwheels") then you also update them.

Let's stick to the mods please, I can turn on the tube if I want to hear which moron is the better moron.

I love my country, but I'm embarrassed by my government.

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"