asking for help with video question

Got a S540 Extreme for Christmas. Hated it.

A pain to get working right (well, it never did work right). Returned it. Got money

instead.

Drivers for 'cash' easy to install. no compatibility problems - 'good for all debts public and private'.

Will use 'cash' to upgrade processor (K6-2 350 to a 550) and video card (Matrox G200 8MB to a TNT2 of some kind).

Jason

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

I have a 650 athlon/256 ram/matrox G400 Max...Works great - i always play at 1600x1400. A 850 will definately give you the 'muscle' to run the game, but get as much ram (128 should be ok) as you can but definately choose your graphics card carefully and make sure it has at least 32mb.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasZ:

Asus Gforce is a fine card with stable (if not the fastest) drivers. I use it frequently with CM and enjoy it at 1600x1400 *grin*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhh... How exactly do I go about running in a higher res than 1024X768? I have a Guillemot Xentor 32 (TNT2 Ultra W/32MB RAM), I would think that this card would support a higher res, but the game (demo) doesn't give me that option.

El Jeffe

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to continue....

I just bought the stealth III s450 Xtreme AGP today. At first I was getting a mixture of opaque and transparent smoke (wierd) and lockups. I just downloaded the latest drivers and now it looks pretty good.

I also bought a UDMA66 PCI card so I can run my hard drive at its rated speed. It was only 40 bux and made a big difference.

Anyone know what effect setting the BIOS AGP Megabyte setting has? I imagione it allows the card to use main mem in addition to its own 32Meg vid mem?

Lewis