CMHQ NEEDS YOU !

Fionn and all the CM players out there.

The program for the chess rating system is in place and working great. I would love to add CM to the line up. It would take me 1 hour to get it ready, so whats the hold up lol. Lets get it going smile.gif You cant tweek the chess rating formula. Tweeking it blows the ratings to hell. But there is no need to tweek. Players report losses and draws and add there comments. Take a look http://tournamenthouse.com/ and send me your thoughts

Happy hunting,

yobobo

info@tournamenthouse.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm sure you could work something out with applescript and photoshop's action pallete to automate this. I'll see what I can come up with for a photoshop action<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Photoshop action would probably work best. If I got off my lazy ass, I could probably whip one up. I want to discuss with CoolColJ about what changes he makes when he converted the original files. i would want to create a dual action... so people creating on the Mac could generate BMPs that would look good on a PC.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey Berli did you convert the SPR sounds to Mac. I converted them to what I though was the right format but I couldn't get them into the resources succesfully.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a real pain in the ass. First, convert the WAVs to system sounds (SoundApp works well for batching this). Next, the fun part, open each sound, change its resource number to match the one in the CM sound resource, copy it, paste it into the CM sound resource, tell it to replace. Repeat for each sound.

Matt,

I speak fluent German, born over there, and am a professional software development project manager. I do a lot of DB stuff for businesses, mostly SQL 7 and Access, plain vanilla but profitable technologies.

I am ready to do some of this.

BTW, CM is great in sofar as I have not bought another game since I downloaded the Demo. Nothing, but nothing even comes close to the quality and exitement of that product.

Mike

Guest Kettle Black

I've been thinking about making a Swedish CM site but I'll gladly scrap that and help you guys out if you need my services. My first project is translating parts of my Swedish Infantry manual from 1942 and putting it up on a page. If Fionn or Matt has any use for this, I'll send it. The strategic situation at the time of the manual is somewhat similar to what the Germans faced in 1944. An invasion of a superior force that needs to be harassed, slown down, disrupted and if possible destroyed. I can definately translate any info from English to Swedish and I'll look around for good Swedish (there is some) literature that isn't already translated.

I'd like to take the liberty to copy Fionns initial post and paste it on the Delphi board. Fionn, please acknowledge. The RB3D community has some very nice talent, you've already seen the Promised Land graphic mods on the demo.

Btw, yes I know that Sweden didn't fight in WW2. wink.gif

------------------

Kettle Black

"The End? With practically everyone still on their feet? Over my dead body!"

The Player, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kettle Black:

I've been thinking about making a Swedish CM site but I'll gladly scrap that and help you guys out if you need my services

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why bother, Kettle Black? Everyone knows the Swedes speak better English than most Americans. wink.gif

Ethan.

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Why bother, Kettle Black? Everyone knows the Swedes speak better English than most Americans. wink.gif

Ethan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhh! Not everyone... You still can make a living here translating from/to English...

Don't ruin it.

wink.gif

(Actually the more I've thought about it what you say make sense. If they can't read English they're not playing CM anyway. Score: Ethan 1, Obnoxious Swedish Bastard 0)

Kettle Black

Hi Guys.

What a great idea. It's so wonderful to see this kind of stuff.

I'don't really know anything about graphics and programming but I can sure help by writing articles (which I have done with great pleasure for school project) in either french or english. I know a few things about WWII. I'm eager to help.

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

Hi,

I'm just posting here to make sure that everyone who has posted to this thread has also emailed me...

I'm sorting through offers of help which have arrived to me via email but to prevent duplication I won't be sorting through this thread.

So, if you haven't emailed me yet please do so so I know you are interested.

Cheers,

Guten Tag Fionn, my soon-to-be noble foe.

Will gladly write an article having to do with 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade and their actions in and around Driel.

Be advised that I will also e-mail you with this info, just in case.

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!