Sceamin meamies

Guest Rob/1

I dont think sow but you will see then in CM2 definetly!well we my not see it but it mite be used as artileray.

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

Geesh, a guy becomes a member and suddenly he thinks he's the local technical resource.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miyawwww

Note that Rob commendably appologised. It may be that putting ones boot on his neck in that abject position is not exactly gentlemanly. Personally I consider his participation as a fresh, full member stands as a fine example of how all members should behave; he freely offered his opinion and took proper action when confronted with a convincing post to the contrary of his. That is not always the case, that members pay any attention to contrary posts; other than to blindly float freely far above the good earth, their foundations neatly removed from beneath them and unknowingly continue to fercely crow upon their proudly unsupported fallicies.

Now, I my self may have responded by creating the equivalent of one mighty symbolic smilie, stoutly defending the undefensible, simply because it was more fun than waiting quietly the few short days remaining until we begin that ultimate objective for which the memebers now so variedly mark time in anticipation thereof.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

I dont think sow but you will see then in CM2 definetly!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 06-10-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rolleyes.gif

Come on! This is not really an opinion but a statement of fact. He obviously has not followed the Alpha AAR (an excellent read) in which Screamin Meanies were used, and he talks like he knows for sure what is in CM2. Perhaps he should solidify his knowledge base about that which is tangible before he becomes an expert on the ethereal.

Please, by all means, Bobbaro, utilize your excellent writing skills to defend those who have opinions, but waste not your talents on those who know not what they are talking about.

Jonathan

Actually I was lying when I said I was defending; Rob was wrong and made abundantly aware he was wrong.

I was comending him for his apology, and noting there have been some around here without that grace.

I feel rather certain he is not even aware that the AAR, Alpha exists. It is not uncommon for the newlywed to demonstrate overweaning enthusiasm and to be forgiven for it after properly being patted on the back and having their clumsiness gently corrected. Afterall, he is one of us, not one of THEM, whoever they are.

Oh, and the observation that Rob was offering his information as fact rather than opinion is exactly correct. My misrepresentatin was perhaps a misguided effort to ease his offence in others eyes. I'd rather a fellow feel his chastisement offered by a warmely welcoming brotherhood, who want him to grow into his role, than an object for stomping because he screwed up.

I would also like to gently suggest for all of us, that naive offences be treated as outlined, rather than as an opportunity to feel the swell of rightousness at someone else's expense. I much prefer the simple corrective posts such as Moon and others offered. Strike at the offence not the person and with kindness and support. Save the ammo for the game.

[This message has been edited by Bobbaro (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest Rob/1

I was assuming they would be on the eastern front because I saw show on history ty and it was talking about the Germans and Russains uses or rockets.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vetch:

Yeah, the Russians had their own variety, which were nicknamed "Stalin's Organs" according to one of Keegan's books.

Hopefully, we'll get to try them out in CM2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is an example of an true opinion, and a true hypothetical presumption. Thank you for helping me with my point, as well as the background info!

Bobbaro, Rob/1 has been nominated for a Capt Manieri award. That should be 'nough said, but if you need further awareness of other's "attempts to gently chastise and welcome warmly", please note they are generously scattered throughout the BBS, and by myself included. I have a huge degree of tolerance but if, in your world, think I steam too soon, TOUGH SMILIE DOO-DOO. Deal with it.

Actually, just please drop it. I like your writing talents too much to be turned away by the content.

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Freyland (edited 06-10-2000).]

Actually, the longer this post goes on, the less I find it at all appealing. I had hoped it would end with my last posting, but instead, one of my esteemed (read: been here even longer than me) colleagues is undermining me. If you were hoping to disenhearten me, Babra, you may be suprised to know you succeeded. I would much rather battle my seniors by PBEM than by post.

Jonathan

The job of a full member is to read every single thread on this board. Starting with thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/000001.html

and ending with thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/005548.html

Upon completion, you will receive your 'Official Members Starter Kit', ID badge, and cloisonne(sp?) pin.

More info on awards and perks will be forthcoming as your posting numbers increase.

Welcome to the secret society, enjoy your stay.

Jason