TacticsII and a digital camera

I was thinking about creating a map based loosely on the TacticsII board. Unfortunately, my own copy of the game is over 5000 miles away and I can't remember exactly where everything lies, so I thought I'd look for it somewhere on the web.

Alas, not only were there no images of the board available (3 solid hours of surfing) -there don't seem to be many copies of the game left in print (damn you hasbro!)! Thus it becomes imperative that this map is created for posterity at least.

So, if anyone has a copy of TacticsII and a digital camera, would it be possible to take a photo of the gameboard and upload it to me?

My address is

douglas.kaufman@keysystem.com

thanx

doug

------------------

This space for rent.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

I was thinking about creating a map based loosely on the TacticsII board. Unfortunately, my own copy of the game is over 5000 miles away and I can't remember exactly where everything lies, so I thought I'd look for it somewhere on the web.

Alas, not only were there no images of the board available (3 solid hours of surfing) -there don't seem to be many copies of the game left in print (damn you hasbro!)! Thus it becomes imperative that this map is created for posterity at least.

So, if anyone has a copy of TacticsII and a digital camera, would it be possible to take a photo of the gameboard and upload it to me?

My address is

douglas.kaufman@keysystem.com

thanx

doug

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thats doable

I have the digital camera with me

but the Tactics II board game is

at a good friend's house

It might take a week or so to get

it but I know where the board is

and I have the technology to make

it easy

if you can wait....

-tom w

supercool. The ebay web site has a couple of photos with the board, but usually it's partially obscured by the box and pieces. So, I can start on the rough layout now and finish it when you get me the photo. Thanks a lot Tom!

I really was shocked to see that Hasbro discontinued Tactics2. That and D-Day were the first wargames I ever played. (I can't remember which one first.) Tactics is the perfect toothcutter for getting people interested in wargames -not too detailed and good fun. You'd think even Hasbro would be able to find a way to market it to the "lowest common denominator" crowd (their target audience).

Maybe it's too violent. rolleyes.gif

------------------

This space for rent.

*punt*

I'm just kicking this back up to the top before I go to bed to see if anyone across the pond has access to the game. Otherwise, it can wait till next week.

Using the pictures from ebay, I was able to recreate (roughly) the side of the map with the island. The scale seems t work if you use a company with limited armour support for each of the T2 army groups.

Jadayne,

I started with TacticsII also back in oh about 1966 or so. It certainly started me on a long road of wargaming. My brothers and I played D-Day so many times, we had it down so pat the only way you could win was to land in the Bay of Biscay and then you couldn’t loose. Another game we started out with was Blitzkrieg with Great Blue vs. Big Red. To get an idea of how old that is it a terrain feature called the Great Sandy Koufax Desert. Then there were a host of others…1914, Jutland, Midway, Bismark, Guadalcanal, Tobruk, Anzio and then the new genre of games PanzerBlitz and the holy of holy’s, Squad Leader. Have I missed any?

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of the good ‘ol days.

Good Luck with your search.

*sniff*

ah the memories...

There was a post about a month back where everyone listed their favorites. I just can't believe that the dusty old copies I have in my basement back home might be some of the last copies left in the world. I gotta call my mom and have her shrinkwrap them all for posterity.

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

I have a copy of Tactics II(unless my wife got rid of it behind my back). I just have to dig it out of the closet and I have access to a digital camera also.

I will try to take some photos over the weekend.

------------------

Navare

"One death is a tragedy. One million deaths are statistics."

Iosef Stalin

ok, hold up on the games. I got a copy. Thanks for everyone that offered, though.

I've already created the board and am now peopling it with victi..er, troops.

Putting an infantry battalian per side fills up three of the barracks, leaving two barracks free. I want to create two armoured companies per side, but I don't know the composition of an armoured company for either germans or americans. Any suggestions?

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)