It finally happpened....

Since June 19th I have played no other game but CM. At least 1 game of CM every night.

But yes, last night I was tempted, and yes I was weak.

I played another game.......and it was good......I feel so cheap, like I've betrayed my country. Where was the Borg to strenghten me! Why was I forshaken?

To redeem myself and cleanse my soul I knew I had to suffer a humiliating defeat to humble myself before the CM AI god. So I played the most demeaning CM game I could think of:

QB 5000 points, I was the Allies restricted to low quality mechanized against high quality SS armor on a large map, absolutely flat, no trees and rural. Meeting engagement. Automatic select for me and I picked only heavy armour for the Germans

What a continual nightmare of brewing up halftracks and thin skinned AC's!!

It was awful but was it bad enough to absolve my horrible sin?

Where art thou Borg

Guest ckoharik

Well, as for a second round of punishment you should be forced to play infantry only Volksturm against an American assault with mass quantities of heavy artillery. That'll teach you to be weak! wink.gif

I am with you, man. BG2 is draging my last weekend away and it is going to be so in the upcoming. Moreover, SFC2 demo is out and also MGS is hitting the stores. Appearently, I am going to be outcasted by the Borg Assimulated Conscisous.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Hey, I'll admit it...every now and then I'll play another game. Every 6 months or so a group of us get together for a LAN party and play Unreal Tournament. That is great since it involves live vaporisation of the person next to you. But once the TCP/IP patch comes out, we may be playing CM at the parties too. At home, there is no other game.

I have news for you GriffenCheng+, if you want to clear BG2 within the next three to six months then you will have to put all other gaming interests aside. Many Bioware employees have stated that there are about 250 hours of worth of gaming if all the subquests are completed!!! So if you want to get your money's worth then stock up on supplies, it's going to be a loooonnngg winter.

Talk about a lifestyle altering experience...

Guest dirkd1976

Ok, what the heck is BG2? That aside, I must say that I have occasionally played a game or two of Counter Strike (UT mod) while waiting for PBEM turns. I felt the same way as Hans, kind of a sick to my stomach feeling for betraying CM, though I did take some rolaids and I felt better. Counter Strike doesnt require the cd drive, so my copy of CM hasn't moved from it. Does it make me a bad person that I have played another game? I think so....*hangs his head in shame* I guess its 200 Hail Marys for me tonight.....

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

ya, talk about obsessed...after returning 6 pbems last night, I created a QB so that I could further hone my skills on the whetstone that is the Waffen SS. In between every turn, I hit escape to minimize CM (love that feature) and checked my mail for incoming pbem...EVERY TURN! Then when my wife managed to get my attention (she's sick) I quit to keep her company and basically fell asleep running the different pbems through my head. sick, sick, sick.

Hans, I must give you a penance for your sin of putting other games before Combat Mission- Read the entire Peng, I take our challenge public thread, and report all the relevant details to me. biggrin.gif

Actually, I can't play just one game either. Sometimes I'm in the mood for CM, sometimes Marathon, sometimes Deus Ex.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Madmatt

BG2 = Baldurs Gate 2 (role playing game based on D&D rules)

SFC2= StarFleet Command II (cool Star Trek Tactical game based on Star Fleet Battles board game)

Counterstrike is actually a Half-Life mod, the Unreal Tourny mod is called Strikeforce.

Can't figure out what MGS is though...

Madmatt...Game God

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Yep....trying to find the gaming time for CM AND BG2! Sometimes having a job and being a responsible member of society sucks! wink.gif

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

Yes it is time for confession.

Forgive me father for I hath sinned. I hath removed the holy CM CD from the sacred disk holder of wargaming and inserted the heretical CD of Icewind Dale. I did abandon that pure and chase madon: the balistic algorithim, for that cheap tart: the 20 sided dice. I hath wondered through snow covered mountains that never existed, ransacked the temples of gods no man has ever bowed a knee too, butchered monsters and demons that live only in gothic myths. I have forsaken THE game which strives to be as close to reality as possible ... for ...for...pure popcorn fantasy. And the thing that scares me most about it father is...is...is...I liked it eek.gif

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."

I knew about the longish before BG2 is out since I read the CGO review before purchase. 6 months? Oh...

BTW, I have issued "non-repsonsive" warning to my fellow PBEM opfor.

I love the PPD (Plasmaic Pulasr Device) in SFC2, it is so cool. I can't wait to see how fighters and PFs get mixed up in the full version.

MGS is Metal Gear Solid (actual it is a port of Metal Gear Solid Integral) which is a Playstation game port. Pretty cool, kinda like Thief/Thief 2.

MSG is the stuff to take when eating in a Chinese resturant.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

To 109 Gustav

Hans, I must give you a penance for your sin of putting other games before Combat Mission- Read the entire Peng, I take our challenge public thread, and report all the relevant details to me.

It has been done

The word "the" was used 12,003 times, no other facts of importance were noted.

I have thought of a worse way to redeem myself

A designed scenario in which you have 120 trucks on an island with the bridges down (plenty of wide open road-image a large parking lot with a few trees for artist effect) versus an opponent with 25 units of fighter bombers, nothing else, enjoy.