Look, I have found a secret vehicule !

That first one is not totally strange. As the Germans became more desperate for vehicles, they made the habit of policing up the battlefields to capture enemy equipment and try to fix it up.

Russian T-34 were known to be used by the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS a day after they had been originally lost... biggrin.gif

(Imagine the smell. I for one would not want to mop up five dead russians/americans/brits. YUCK! tongue.gif)

Now, that second one? Umm... Uh, the Nazis allied with the Smoke Jaguars! That's it! :D (So I'm really reaching here. Give a guy a break. wink.gif )

How did you guys find those models, btw?

Mine was a screenshot from mechwarrior 4, which I clipped and pasted into a CM screen. Then I just edited the edges etc. to make it blend in.

Lost a bit of the foot in the process, but oh well. No idea how Xavier got his!

pathfinder wrote:

tsk, tsk...the insignia on the MadCat is House Davion (the fist with sun background)..

tsk, tsk... it's the insignia of the Federated Commonwealth, that is, the combined Davion-Steiner house. The insignia of Davion (Federated Suns) was a sword on top of a sun and the fist was the insignia of Steiner (Lyran Commonwealth).

Hey, I used to play the Battletech board game before that silly Clan thing.

- Tommi

IIRC, Horch was a low-volume car manufacturer that produced large limousine-type cars frequently used by generals and high party officials. Hitler favored Mercedes, I think, but I've seen pictures of Horch cars in German military parades and such.

By nice if someone could do graphics for it, although I'm not sure how useful it would be...

Guest Warphead-

The Clans ruined the Battletech universe. frown.gif

------------------

["Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]

Guest Big Time Software

Hmmm... Xavier, have you been playing around with file hacking? smile.gif

The Horch 1a was the first wheeled vehicle put into CM about 2.5 years ago. We put it in because it was something that I had top/side/rear/front shots of from a Tamiya kit I built long ago.

The Horch 1a was simply the standard German 1a truck specifications made by Horch. Other companies made "1a" type trucks. They were roughly like a US "weapons carrier (WC)" type truck, used to haul small guns, heavy weapons teams, or HQ units. We decided to not include this class of vehicle in CM, so the Horch was dropped (officially) about 6-8 months before the game shipped. However, there might be some residual code still floating around smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Hmmm... Xavier, have you been playing around with file hacking? smile.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I'm not so good with a computer wink.gif

If you want to check where I found it, go to http://appui-feu.panzershark.com and in the scenario section download the "Aubagne" battle. The strange vehicule is with the german reenforcment(I don't remember wich turn)

Hey, I've checked that scenario, and it's indeed there, as reinforcement I won't say which turn, cos that's spoiler-sensitive info, that is..

It seems to cost only -2147480952 points!! confused.gif

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Guest Big Time Software

Ah... whoops! Since the Horch was removed before the final release I would guess that Joël made that scenario smile.gif

Doug, you shouldn't put more than a few words of that joke together at one time. Otherwise if someone who speaks German reads it you just begging for a wrongfull death lawsuit from grieving family members biggrin.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Doug, you shouldn't put more than a few words of that joke together at one time. Otherwise if someone who speaks German reads it you just begging for a wrongfull death lawsuit from grieving family members biggrin.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm assuming Steve that the words are to the famous secret weapon the British developed towards the end of the war which guaranteed victory to the allies and became more feared to the Nazi regime than the threat of an atom bomb detonation. Kind of adds more meaning to the term "Hobart's funnies" doesn't it.

Regards

Jim R.