Round box on the photograph

Guest Madmatt

Could be an Ammo container (pouch, also could hold rations etc...) I believe and by the way, normally posting links directly into a picture on someones site is considered bad manners but since its just a logo I can let it slide! wink.gif

Madmatt...

By the way, I can read French Fluently...For the record... biggrin.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

I'm not EXACTLY sure, but it looks like something the German holding the grenade is wearing. Some random guesses: ammo? Maybe some sort of protective case for orders? Doesn't look like a canteen. I've never actually seen a German canteen, but I can't imagine it looks much different from an American one.

-Andrew

Sorry MadMatt!

When I noticed the picture I knew I had to ask and searchinf for another picture would take a long time!

By the way I am wondering not about the grenade but about the cylindrical box that soldier on the right is wearing. (and almost laying on top of)

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

I was always wondering about this. On the photograph one of the german soldiers was this cylindrical box. What is in it? What was it used for?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Container for the respirator (gas-mask), later in the war apparently often used for other things.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Germanboy has it. That's the gas mask container.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, that's because I am always right...

Please note that all smilies on this iMac were involved in a tragic incident involving an Uzi, sun-down and a cucumber, leaving none to be displayed in this post.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)