Challenge to all with CM!

Hi,

I have a few openings in my CM PBEM schedule right now and would like to invite challenges. I've just come off the back of a rather nasty defeat to Bil Hardenberger in a DYO game so I'm looking for some psychologically relieving slaughter of the innocents wink.gif.

Terms:

1. All games MUST by DYO games with the computer generating the maps.

2. I prefer to purchase my own forces but if you want to let the computer purchase both that's fine by me.

3. ALL games must be recorded for purposes of the ladder.

4. Games must be played with Full FOW obviously.

5. All games will be of 1000 points. Anything smaller is just a little small for me.

I prefer to play as the Germans but don't mind playing as most of the Allied nations. I won't play in as the British though.

I'd like to play a mix of city-fighting, night-fighting, defensive and offensive battles so we can discuss what type of game to setup once applications come in.

I can play roughly 6 to 8 PBEM games. Preference will be given to people willing to write AARs and/or allow the turn movies to be posted to CMHQ.. I think a lot of people like viewing movies of other's games.. I know I do anyway.

Email me and let me know.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Fionn, do we get to read about you getting your butt kicked by Bil in an upcoming AAR? It would only be fair, that is, if this is the same Bil that got his butt kicked in "Sunken Lane". It would certainly be entertaining nonetheless, as I would like to read about how you react and think when the shoe's on the other foot.

LOL Tinman wink.gif.

I react with equanimity actually. The whole key to wargaming is not to get elated when you are winning and not to get downcast when you are losing. Just keep looking for the best options and do as professional a job as you can. Sometimes you will lose but so long as you are dispassionate, detached and do the best possible job you can always look back on your losses as well as your wins with justifiable pride.

For someone as interested in the psychological aspect of the conflict as I am it would be sheer folly not to have taken the care an attention over previous years to fully prepare my mindset so that it can face victory or death with equal equanimity.

Anyways, I played chess competitively for many years so I've had lots of real-world experience with maintaining focus when the vagaries of fate strike. Anything else would be utter foolishness. Of course, when I first played CM I was like a conscript.. All these new things happening rattled me... got rattled with playing Martin in the Alpha AAR. I STILL remember that first arty barrage he subjected me to. I got pretty rattled then. However, once you get used to arty etc you get inured to it.

Umm, Manieri, since you don't play with FOW ON I wouldn't play you even if you asked. Thanks for trolling though.

Magnus, consider yourself challenged wink.gif

Dano, k.. Send me an email with a proposed setup for the DYO ( map size, environmental, force composition, role etc) and we can negotiate for the starting setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Hi,

I have a few openings in my CM PBEM schedule right now and would like to invite challenges.....

Terms:

1. All games MUST by DYO games with the computer generating the maps.

2. I prefer to purchase my own forces but if you want to let the computer purchase both that's fine by me.

3. ALL games must be recorded for purposes of the ladder.

4. Games must be played with Full FOW obviously.

5. All games will be of 1000 points. Anything smaller is just a little small for me.

I prefer to play as the Germans but don't mind playing as most of the Allied nations. I won't play in as the British though.

I'd like to play a mix of city-fighting, night-fighting, defensive and offensive battles so we can discuss what type of game to setup once applications come in.

I can play roughly 6 to 8 PBEM games. Preference will be given to people willing to write AARs and/or allow the turn movies to be posted to CMHQ.. I think a lot of people like viewing movies of other's games.. I know I do anyway.

Email me and let me know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez do you think you added enough conditions just for a frigging game?!!? rolleyes.gif

Are you sure you dont want to add anything else? mad.gif

My email to use is fionnk@esatclear.ie

Wako, you're on. Come up with the settings and email them to me for my OK k?

Blitzboy,

Well let's walk you through it.

1. Why DYO?

Simple, I'm a tester... I've played all/most of the scenarios so the only FAIR games for me to play you guys on are DYO games since they are, by definition, double-blind.

2. Setting out a preference so people can think about this aspect.

3. Hey, I'm on the ladder, I want to record my games for the ladder. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with being up front and honest where you come from wink.gif.

4. Well that one goes out to manieri and his buddies.. Onetime I played Manieri. I had FOW on, he didn't... It never occurs to us old-timers to ask for FOW ON but since lots of people here are newbies I thought it safer to state it and make sure.

5. Setting the scale of the game... Again, seems reasonable to me.

You must be new, right Blitzboy?

Capt. Manieri doesn't reveal to his opponents that he has FOW off, and people wondered why he was asking for methods to cheat last week???

Hopefully Fionn, I'll find my game waiting for me when I get home, so if I do, I'll mail you a setup. I'm 1-0 against the members of the Alpha AAR Game, so might as well try and add to my perfect record. smile.gif

Fionn:

I'm one of your so-called "newbies" and as such, I'd appreciate if you set up the first turn and just e-mailed me the parameters. If anyone else wants to participate in the "slaughter of innocents" just let me know. I just finished a scenario as the allies (which I scored a minor victory, but unfortunately I suffered 165 casualties (45 KIA) whereas the Germans had 238 casualties (82 KIA). Definitely some sort of slaughter. Anyway, my email is mjmck1@home.com All challenges are welcome.

Matt

Hi guys,

I've accepted about 4 or 5 challenges so far and started 2 of the games. One is a night cityfight (me attacking), two more are combined arms fights in wooded terrain and one's a tactical concept test.

Should be fun wink.gif. More slots are open for those willing to try their luck wink.gif.

I honestly don't remember which one of you it is but whoever it is is facing umm.

1 King Tiger,

1 Panther G,

2 Hummel,

4 x SPW250/9

a company of FJ

3 x 251s with 75mm guns and

a few flamethrower HTs

I felt like seeing what a gaggle of vehicles could do in a cityfight wink.gif.

Unfortunately I forgot that we were playing this battle at night when buyingso visibility is limited to 200 metres. OOPS ! That means I can't just sit off and bombard any strongpoints. Ah well, there go my Hummels wink.gif.

I'm ok with giving this info out since the map is as flat as a billiard table so my opponent will see my forces immediately anyway.

Actually, Fionn, I suspect it's me...but I looked at the setup you sent, and it doesn't look like night to me (unless you're north of the Arctic Circle in summer wink.gif ). So perhaps you'll get to use those Hummels after all. eek.gif

Yeah, I know I said I was going to bed, but I couldn't stop from at least taking a look. I'll send you my next response tomorrow.

Challange Fionn to a PBEM game? SURE! and then I will challange Julia Child to a bake-off, and then I will challange Arnold to a bench-press contest and then I will out penalty shoot the entire Arsenal Football team, and then I will challenge a platoon of US Marines to some hand to hand combat!!!!

Peng sez "EEEEK!" a lot now

------------------

I'm talking and I can't shut up!

Peng

You are better suited to juxtapositioning words, verbs, pontitoids, unsmilies dogma, abstostiltsisms, zoomerterations, screeches and platifications and general nonsensicalations.

Leave real challenges and military madderrs..err,,..matters to geniuseses like me.

Lewis

(This post cant be modified due to moderate indifference)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Challange Fionn to a PBEM game? SURE! and then I will challange Julia Child to a bake-off, and then I will challange Arnold to a bench-press contest and then I will out penalty shoot the entire Arsenal Football team, and then I will challenge a platoon of US Marines to some hand to hand combat!!!!

Peng sez "EEEEK!" a lot now<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh quit your crying... you lose to everyone else, so why not Fionn

yeaah its true...

I would rip Fionn a new glory hole for all the CM community to poke into a rather large flasshlight of hideous proportions and to finally see in clarity the over self promoted non-military background of his "knowledge".

Ahem..

Lewis