Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Brewing up knocked out tanks.

Was wondering on the chance to brew up a KO'ed tank, I swear i hit that serman 7 times, 2 lower front, 3 Upper Hull Front 2 Front Turret. And he thing didnt burn.

Can you target get a Pzrshreck to attack a Doa tank.

Cant let the americans repair that tank for next turn in the campain.

Guest hunt52

It can be done. Hard to do with the "W" class Shermans because they have wet ammo storage. I regularly brewed the Tiger and Stugs in LD though.

- Bill

Brewed-up an already killed Tank?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunt52:

It can be done. Hard to do with the "W" class Shermans because they have wet ammo storage. I regularly brewed the Tiger and Stugs in LD though.

- Bill <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest KwazyDog

It can be done for sure, and I believe it is dependant on a lot of factors including as was mentioned the wet storage, the size and twpe of shell hitting the vehicle and the amount of energy the shell has remaining after the tank is penetrated.

In fact, its something Ive been tring in an opp Im playing at the moment when I have a spare minute with nothing else to shoot at, hehe which is something that happens rarely. smile.gif A vehcile in an op must also be in friendly lines to have a chance of recovery for the next battle.....

> Brewed-up an already killed Tank?

Hey Sage,

Yup, it's a good thing to do if you have the time. When you start playing operations, leaving a killed tank around on the battlefield might let it get back into the action at a later date - so it's a good idea to knock the enemy vehicle out completely if you can.

p.

umm.. wondering out load here. But Did I read somewhere on here that a brewed tank caused more of a moral hit than just an abandoned one? Maybe due to the fact of your guys looking over and seeing thier armor smoking like an old hippie at a floyd concert?

Lorak

Guest hunt52

An additional (benefit or downside) to brewing tanks is they then constitute a larger LOS obstruction. A brewed tank is a good thing to hide behind.

- Bill

So, I guess i can still pump rounds into that poor sherman from the fron till i run dry. So i have to flank shot it or something? Can a panzershreck be used to destroy a doa tank?

Since they normaly dont do much in my games frown.gif

[This message has been edited by TZEENCH (edited 05-22-2000).]

Just wondering....If you keep whacking an AFV with rounds even if it doesn't brew up.

Does that make it less likely to be repaired (within the game of course) than if it did brew up? In other words can you just turn it into a pile of scrap without burning it?

------------------

Darryl

Guest Babra

I think KO'd is KO'd, whether it burns or not. My understanding is only abandoned vehicles can be recovered and repaired.

Guest Scott Clinton

I doubt that knocked out tank can be 'brewed up'. I would imagine that after a tank becomes knocked out it no longer exists as a tank as far as the code is concerned...thus it could not brew up.

Now, and abandoned vehicle is another story. I pump rounds into them whenever I have the chance, but that is pretty rare in the scenarios in the demo (for me at least). I almost always have better targets than a tank that is currently not a threat. I think in operations it will become MUCH more important.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Ok you can certainly you may brew up a knocked out tank. I've done it many times in the already worn out scenarios from the demos. Just re-target the tank again. It's actually pretty fun smile.gif I'm not sure but I think KO'D tanks can be repaired if not brewed up in an operation.

Dave