My yacht was destroyed leaving no trace...

Wasn't sure if I saw a minor glitch or not. Do assault boats leave any remains when destroyed?

I noticed my opponent wasn't firing anymore so I sent some men to investigate only to find my boat was gone. I don't think he was able to steal it and am assuming forces under his control commited vandalism upon my ingame property ie one canvas floppy or "assault boat". If anyone has any information relating to this incident or any other boat dissapearances please post.

Yep, same thing I was saying yesterday. One of my infantry teams just up and dissappeared. I've listed em as AWOL ofcourse, but spent a half hour in the pouring down rain in some French village trying to find them. Now I got a cold on account of not having an OOB visual list. frown.gif

I'm told this is all old hat, the oob visual list idea. Hey, maybe my team slipped over and borrowed your boat and took off for some fishing. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Maybe they went to Alaska to make some money fishing and... well.. read my sig.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

lol,

A three hour tour...

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Well it soulnd't have sunk as there was no water around, we we're hoping to use it once we took the rhine for picking up the babes. But unfotunately it seemed to be a magnet for the german troops who didn't have a boat of their own. I guess it was jealousy...

I'm thinking for my next battle I'll commandeer all the skiffs from the local villagers and use them as a form of security perimiter announcing incoming visitors by the large volume of fire they tend to direct upon them. Or maybe just few strategically placed rafts near expected armor duels, defensive strongpoints and AT emplcements.

Nope, they didn't use it for picking up girls. I mean, what kind of chick is going to want to ride in a beat up alunimum Munson skiff that smells like a very ripe salmon (actually 3,000 pounds of very ripe salmon), just to hang out with a bunch of exausted fishermen who showered last Monday and washed their raingear three months ago?

If you want the truth, I took your boat! It had better turning than the one I'll be fishing in next summer, and the outboard didn't need ether to start it. Man, I hate my summer job.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Nope, they didn't use it for picking up girls. I mean, what kind of chick is going to want to ride in a beat up alunimum Munson skiff that smells like a very ripe salmon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The kind of girl that likes GI rations such as chocolate and cigarettes. I'm telling ya man, a few days liberty and we can seriously score here. Now how about bringout your payroll for a little poker.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darwin:

The kind of girl that likes GI rations such as chocolate and cigarettes. I'm telling ya man, a few days liberty and we can seriously score here. Now how about bringout your payroll for a little poker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you want to lose yours, huh? The Army could save itself so much money if they didn't pay me and just let me play poker with you. biggrin.gif

How much is the Schlitz on Fridays at the EMs club? It was $0.15 last time I checked, and I got liberty over the weekend.

Thanks for letting me use your assault boat, I'll hose it off real good when I'm done, and it shouldn't stink too bad. Want to come fishing with me? No girls, but you get to yell perverted jokes to the guys in the other skiff.

------------------

Guest Michael emrys

Well it soulnd't have sunk as there was no water around...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ever hear of quicksand?

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, if a boat floats in water, which they usually do except in a 50 knot wind, they will certainly float in sand, won't they?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doh! Good one Michael, hadn't thought of that. It will look good in the report too...

Dutch Harbor laments the loss of yet another skiff to the treacherous quicksand of the Norman Hedgerows. Frustrated by the lack of even a mere sighting of whales in this dreadful country and his rapidly diminishing supply of fat, this turn of events has left the Innuit boat captain crushed. "The Germans, allways shooting, they scare the whales away" Complained the Captain shaking a makeshift totem of hamster skulls and gerbils feet in their direction.

"The Germans, allways shooting, they scare the whales away" Complained the Captain shaking a makeshift totem of hamster skulls and gerbils feet in their direction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn close I didn't get Pepsi all over the monitor. biggrin.gif

Doh! Good one Michael, hadn't thought of that. It will look good in the report too...

Dutch Harbor laments the loss of yet another skiff to the treacherous quicksand of the Norman Hedgerows. Frustrated by the lack of even a mere sighting of whales in this dreadful country and his rapidly diminishing supply of fat, this turn of events has left the Innuit boat captain crushed. "The Germans, allways shooting, they scare the whales away" Complained the Captain shaking a makeshift totem of hamster skulls and gerbils feet in their direction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, a few innacuracies in this post, although it is funny. I live close to Dutch Harbor, and the Native Americans there are Aleuts, not Inuits, who live in Greenland, or Iniupiat, who live on the north slope of Alaska. Totems were used by the Alaska Natives in southeast Alaska.

How about that poker game, Darwin?

------------------

Darwin wrote:

> "The Germans, allways shooting, they scare the whales away" Complained the Captain shaking a makeshift totem of hamster skulls and gerbils feet in their direction.

Sir, Johnson's just come back from a recce around the perimeter! He says we're in trouble – we're holding off the fanatical SS Panzer Grenadiers up front no trouble, but someone spotted your harpoon and the hamster skulls, and now our flank is in danger of being overrun by Greenpeace activists! They've got flowers, sir – Richards thinks they're some type of Rhododendron! We've got to get out of here before they start singing!

------------------

'...With mortar shells raining down everywhere, he said, "Come along, Padre".' When Egen showed reluctance, Tatham-Warter reassured him. 'Don't worry,' he said, 'I've got an umbrella.'

Innacuracies, hmmmmm, point taken. I'll have to invistigate that before I send it off to print.

That's not Greenpeace Johnson, It's Jerry Garcia and his hippy friends. They're bringing nitrous and L for our protest over this whole war thing, we're gonna have like a sit-in at our foxholes. I figure if they dont go for the peace stuuf the music will drive them away for sure wink.gif

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Um, if a boat floats in water, which they usually do except in a 50 knot wind, they will certainly float in sand, won't they?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shhhhhhhh! *He* doesn't know that. He might make me give him the $20 I got for it from a traveling salesman from Oshkosh.

Michael

The obvious conclusion is that yes the boat was vandalized and the remains hidden.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darwin, I resent that. I never vandalized your boat, although it does have a few dents in the bow from when I rammed my bosse's boat, redface.gif the side is covered with green slime from shaking off the net, and the tiller on the outboard keeps falling off right before I get up on step. So basically it's as good as new.

How about that poker game? As soon as I get the full version (eta 2 days), I'll play a game of pbem poker with you on chance encounter, VoT, Reisburg, or last defense. They're the only maps and units I know.

------------------

Actually, I still haven't played all the scenarios from the full version. I've been saving them for blind pbming. I'll go through them and find which ones are still open. I would much rather play one of these than the old beta scenarios. What say you?

Sounds good, but I haven't had any experience with units other than those in the demos. I'll still play a blind scenario, though. CM will hopefully arrive thursday.

------------------