Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Where's My Cookie?

Hey, does any of the other Mac users out there (or in there, Steve) know what the name of the cookie file that the BTS bbs sends to my computer is, and also where it is stored? I want to save it so I don't have to sign up with a new username when I rebuild my HD.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Ah, I could be wrong but that info. should be stored on the BTS server

safe and sound. I don't think it matters what you do to your

hard drive. When you come back just enter your name and password

and the CM forum should recognize you no problem.

Is that right, Steve, all user info. is stored on BTS server?

Sorry, not true. When I try to enter my username and password from my other computer that didn't get the cookie it says that the username is already taken. Any other guesses what the cookie is called and where it gets stored on my end?

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Guest hunt52

System Folder:Preferences:Netscape Users: [your Netscape Username]:Magic Cookie!

Back that up and you should be ok... afaik...

smile.gif

bill

Guest Germanboy

I regularly eliminate cookies from the HDD by deleting said file, and I did not have to sign up again.

------------------

Andreas

I think Compassion is right Lizardboy. I use MANY different computers with no problem. Just when you click on "reply to post" or "post new topic" I have to type in my user name a password..I don't have to reregister.

------------------

"Tryin to be so so bad is bad enough, don't make me laugh by talkin tough" EC

If you're using Navigator/Communicator the above post is correct as to location. If you're running Internet Exploder, then you'll need to scroll down the prefs to "cookies."

Of course, I'm also baking up a new batch of extree special cookies to give you a warm welcome in RB. biggrin.gif

------------------

I'm drinkin' wine, I'm eatin' cheese and catching some rays, you know. — Oddball

All info about you is stored in the BBS (username, pwd, profile).

If you use cookies you don´t have to type username/pwd when you use that particular computer but you should be able to make posts without a cookie, that´s what I´m doing right now. smile.gif