CM Version 1.1, TCP/IP Support

Has anyone heard anything lately on version 1.1's release timeframe? I love the game, but PBEM is a bit tedious. I just hope that TCP/IP support doesn't become vaporware, like so many other tactical WWII sims have done.

I'd take a delay in CM2, v.s. a delay in TCP/IP support.

Forget Vaporware with this company, period. BTS has shown time after time that what ever they state, they deliver. However, in my personal opinion I don't think we will see tcp/ip til it is mostly bug free. The testers may have it already but they never tell. The positive side of this is that once it gets done we will not have to wait for this feature in CM2. It will be part of the whole package. I can't wait.

sniperscope

[This message has been edited by sniperscope (edited 09-06-2000).]

Spine, you knucklehead! The only reason you find PBEM tedious is because it takes longer for you to find out that I whipped you like the four-eyed kid in the schoolyard! TCP/IP will only allow you to lose more games in a shorter amount of time. I welcome the opportunity to lay waste to your legions with greater frequency. I know your game Mr. Spine, you can't fool me, and you can't shake me forever either! I WILL CONQUER YOU! I WILL CONQUER YOU! Then I will eat your children! BTS be praised!

Thanks Dittohead. I looked up the message and saw Steve's comments.

Link : http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009886.html

I do admit that I have only had the game a few weeks and am very impressed with the great communication of BTS.

Also, CM is the best tactical wargame ever made. These guys did some massive research. I hope they continue to grow and produce more products. smile.gif

Croda, I challenge you to a duel. I'll take a Pole with a piat and you can have a King Tiger. I'll still beat you! biggrin.gif

I see you discovered this message board too.

Good stuff! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Spine (edited 09-06-2000).]

You rock, Croda, I demand a PBEM match against you!

My defense is impregnable, my attacks unstoppable, I will tear your living heart out, I want to kill your family! Praise be to BTS!

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

oh, you want some of this Meeks???? I am the Great Wall of Frigging China falling on your head. I am the combined force of 10 Tsunami's washing up on your beach house. I am the Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria. If you want a little action, you've come to the right place. The last person who challenged me had milkshakes for dinner for 3 weeks afterward the match ended. Ask Mr. Spine. We call him that because I ripped that aparatus from his back and beat him down with it. You want some of me?

Don't throw that smack this way. I pick little bits of guys like you outta my teeth! My little sister could school you in armor tactics and my goldfish could beat that Spine guy. You think Spine's some kinda challenge?!! Did Spine ever jump a halftrack?!?! And it wasn't even Christmas, yo! Bring it on!!!!

------------------

-David Edelstein

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 09-06-2000).]

Elijah, I am very impressed with how vigorously you are beating your chest. I would think after the many pastings I have given you that at least half your ribs should be broken by now. wink.gif

Don't mind him, Croda. Even when he is allegedly commanding his troops, he really is thinking about surfing. After Normandy, there's not enough beach in WWII for him to be effective! smile.gif

Jonathan

Gah!!!

Considering the weird, futile environments you insist on fighting in, Freyland, I'm surprised you haven't set up a QB with the parameters "Thick Forests, Wildly Steep Cliffs, Fog, Night, Crowded Room, Knives Only".

You'll notice my proclivity toward spanking you silly when we play on a normal map in the daylight!

------------------

-David Edelstein

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

You'll notice my proclivity toward spanking you silly when we play on a normal map in the daylight!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm. Let's see. So far you have killed.... a building. A poor, helpless two-story building that you claimed called your mother a "duck". Are you sure you want to be *seen* in daylight, let alone fight in it?

I would ask your gun crews' opinions on the matter, but I believe I last saw them routed by my awesome firepower.

Jonathan