O/T: Downloading SP:WaW

Hi all,

I saw that SP:WaW was free for downloading at Matrix Games, so I thought I would hurry right on over and get mine. I was a little leary about downloading 278 mb, but I tried it and the estimated time was 37 hours! Now, as you all probably know, that could mean anywhere from 3.7-370 hours, so I canceled my download and returned to the Matrix Games web site. I noticed that they were using a product called GetRight to allow them to suspend and resume downloads when necessary. They said that the product worked well, so I thought I would give it a try (since it was free). That is where I started to have problems. I installed the MyGetRight program and restarted my computer. I then returned to Matrix games to download SP:WaW and was greeted by the standard Internet Explorer download screen (again estimating 37 hours). I found that to be rather odd since the documentation in GetRight stated that it would take over downloads automatically. Does abybody have any suggestions how I can get SP:WaW without tying up my phone line for the rest of May? Thanks for any and all help.

SuperTed

Apparently there will be attempts to have it placed on a Computer Mag Game Disk during June, so you could wait until then. With Get Right and GoZilla you have to make sure that you have the settings right, particularly if you are using a proxy server. If Getright doesn't work for you, try GoZilla - do a search and you should find it - also free wink.gif

Hi SuperTed

just turn IE to go to the matrix donwload

page,then open Getit and drag the link to

the Getit right screen.

If u want to stop it just do so and it will

remenber where it cut off the last time

It will also let u browse the net while getting the file

good luck

p