question about AI deployment

Guest Madmatt

They deploy automatically in Quick Battles. In user created battles they need to be placed in the Map Preview Mode (they have to place both sides).

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-10-2000).]

I've been playing a bunch of QBs, and I think the AI evaluates the objectives and decides where to place its units from there.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Guest Madmatt

That wouldn't be a deloyment now would it? smile.gif

Yes the Ai sets up just like a good player. That is the StratAi and OpAi coming into play.

And you guys thought the TacAi was the only one! There are in fact multiple levels of Ai in play, we just talk about the TacAi the most.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-10-2000).]

Tiger, do you mean in user created scenarios? I think the designer has to deploy all troops or they do start along the edge. I would be nice if you could deploy one side and have the AI deploy the other side for a single player game. If that is already possible, then nevermind.

Guest Mongo Lloyd

When you give the computer freedom to redeploy units at the beginning of a battle that you have created then it is my understanding that the computer will deploy them "intelligently". I have created scenarios and just deployed one side and left the other side in it's default lines on the back of the map. Does the computer just leave them there?

If given the option to redepoly its units, the AI often does so. I created a scenario where the units were placed in specific positions. When I played the scenario, the AI had repositioned every single one of them. So, yes, the AI will relocate its assets to where it thinks they will do the most good.

------------------

"Nuts!"

One thing I would really like to see is a user 'auto-deploy' option, a la steel panthers. It would be very helpful on large maps, etc. and it often gave me an idea about how to proceed.

Also handy for setting up quick stress relief games. After a hard day nothing feels better than buying a force consisting of elite King Tigers and deploying it against green Sherman 75s on a large, open map and enjoying the show. But you have to deploy the damn things, which can be a blower.

WWB

[This message has been edited by wwb_99 (edited 11-10-2000).]