Sorry I'm slow

Guest AlfieE

Could someone please help me with step by step instructions on how to upgrade from v. 1.03 to v. 1.05. I've got v. 1.05 in my CM folder but can't seem to get this version to play with my old games. I'm a sad, confused old man left behind by the times. Oh, for tabletop gaming. Cheers in advance - Alfie.

i had a small bit of problem too: did you read the readme.txt file in the "cm v1.05 update" folder? you actually have to take the the .exe file they gave you and copy it in the combat mission folder with the old .exe file. plus, you have to hold shift while doing it(it's in the readme file)...

hope that helps

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

You do not need to hold shift if you are using a PC, copy and paste will do it just fine or even drag and drop.

You do need to follow the readme file carefully, it will be in the same directory as your unzipped 1.5 update.

Ok, maybe i will try and explain in laymans terms for ya, Basically make a new directory (Name it CM 1.5 update or something like that) on your hardrive....anywhere will do, open up your 1.5 update file that you downloaded double click on it. Extract its contents into the new directory you just created.

Then go into your new directory CM 1.5 and copy the CM.exe file (The one with the icon of Combat mission) into your original installation of Combat Mission (The one where the icon of Combat Mission resides...if you did it correctly you will get a message that says "File already exists, do you wish to replace this file with the new one" Click yes and you are done - then i think you need to copy a few BMP files from the CM 1.5 folder and also copy them into the original installation BMP folder as per the readme instructions.

Open up CM and you should see in the bottom right hand corner v1.5.

Now, thats all from memory so i hope i got it all right.

When you have completed this task the CM Borg will Assimilate you.

Cheers

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Alfie, They left out one BIG important thing about what you posted. Once you install v1.05 any active game you have from v1.03 will not work any longer. Any older games will not work so don't even bother trying. That I think was the point of your post...right?

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC