Request, Nay, Plea for a CM Mod Manager!

OK, Bottom Line Up Front: I think CM needs a Mod Manager like European Air War has Stab 2.2 or Skins N More to manage terrain and aircraft skins (textures).

Does anyone who plays CM (or anyone else for that matter) have the requisite programming skills and desire to create such a program?

I believe that the recent spate of mods that we've seen at CMHQ represents only the tip of the CM Mod iceberg. While the Allied tanks did not vary so much as to camouflage, some did sport personalized and unit markings. German vehicles were found in a variety of camouflage schemes. Compound the schemes with the fact that most paint jobs were applied in the field with different thinners, as well as brushes and airguns - well, an almost infinite variety could result.

And I've already begun to become overwhelmed with the variety of terrain choices - gridded vs ungridded, high-res clean or bumpy.

Anyone want to take up the challenge or talk someone into to doing so?

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mad_Merse:

OK, Bottom Line Up Front: I think CM needs a Mod Manager like European Air War has Stab 2.2 or Skins N More to manage terrain and aircraft skins (textures).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heya bob! I believe Madmatt is already working on that. Trust him to be on top of things before you even ask. smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Yes, we now have a working prototype version of the Combat Mission Texture Manager that we are testing.

A version should be ready to ship once MDMP-2 is released.

I am VERY familiar with Stab for EAW and I wish to maintain simiilar functionality with out Texture Manager but going one step further and providing click and choose interface coupoled with a dynamic gallery of textures.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes, we now have a working prototype version of the Combat Mission Texture Manager that we are testing.

A version should be ready to ship once MDMP-2 is released.

I am VERY familiar with Stab for EAW and I wish to maintain simiilar functionality with out Texture Manager but going one step further and providing click and choose interface coupoled with a dynamic gallery of textures.

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Da MAN!! Matt... can't wait.

"I'm sure Matt's is further along than mine so I'll trash mine and wait."

Better hang onto it - he may get 'the vomiting' again... Just kidding, Matt. Thanks for coming up with yet another useful CM add-on! BTW, I hope your stomach's doing better (I empathize - I hate getting sick like that). Kudos on carrying on in your duties as well as you did while ill...

Er (snivel), will there be a Mac version of this wonderous new engine? (Flinches, and cowers back...) smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

we're looking for someone who can program such a beast for the mac. I think I could figure one out, but it may not be out for a long time. :-(

So, to all smart mac programmers out there:

Let me know (email) if you are interested and capable of creating such a thing, or just helping out. We dont want to leave the mac users hanging.

thanks!

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once