ot Most complex game of all time

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by the cube:

With regard to the purely material and geometric aspects of a game, combat simulations can be more complex then chess. However this does not neccessarily mean that wargames are more difficult. In fact it's relative simplicity is part of what makes chess such a challenge in that there is little room for error. This combined with the time pressure under which chess player's must make their calculations results in a contest with a deeply psychological aspect of a sort that one does not in general see in combat simulations. It is worth mentioning that when asked if he played chess Einstein replied that he did not because "it is too violent a game"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU CUBE!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously understand where im coming from. I don't believe complexity is made by quantity, its made by quality. And because of the restraints on chess that you mentioned and because chess has little or no element of luck (unlike war games), to me it is complex.

CNA. Pre-ordered it one year before I finally got it, and remains the only wargame I have ever sold (to a friend who actually wanted to try it) as I could not spend my life trying to play it. Further, I wanted someone to get some use from it.

Command at Sea, a small game from Metagaming, was very complex because the player had to calculate damage based upon shell weight and what belt of armour was hit (you also had to calculate, based on the shell you used, if it would simply pass through your target without exploding). Also, trying to determine if you hit your target, using the advanced rules of wind speed and trajectory, almost required a slide rule. It helped my calculus grades, however.