Cool Thing I Saw!

I finally got my copy of CM yesterday. Hooray!

In my first battle (which shall remain nameless), I was trying to move one of my US halftracks back from a suprise German assualt. He was moving fast towards a bridge and the safety of the American lines when a Puma rounded the corner and peppered him with MG fire.

The it happened. Apparently the driver of the HT was hit because it veered of the road and proceeded to roll down the bank and nose deep into the river! The gunner then bailed and took cover in some nearby trees. It was so cool! I would have expected in other games for the HT just to stop and say "Knocked out" or something. No. In CM it careens off the road and into the river!

Very cool.

I can't wait to get deeper into this extraordinary game!

Thanks for listening to me babble,

Redbastard

Hey, that's even better than the one I saw a couple of days ago. I had a tank on Move Fast when he was hit broadside by an enemy tank in hiding. My tank burst into flames and continued to coast for some distance before finally rolling to a stop. This was a surprise to me too, I fully expected my dead tank to just stop.

I seem to be continually and pleasantly surprised by the little details in this game!

John-SJ

CMBO Is ALL it is cracked up to be... AND THEN SOME!

I often play my own home made scenarios more than those in the game, but I plan on playing them all many times regardless...

I can't begin to say how pleased I am with the full CMBO game, the demo was pretty cool, but the full version rules... I have seen some cool stuff as well. In one homemade scenario the americans had to take a capital city type thing (total fantasy battle but hey it's fun right?!) So anyway I was testing the map with my friend and we co commanded the allies... vs the axis... WHAT A FIGHT! This damn panther was tearing up my armor something awfull, till all I had left was one sherman croc... (nasty tank let me tell you) and I didn't want to lose it to a long range shot by the panther... so I opted for bazooka and close in infantry assualts... the damn panther kept crushing my bazooka units because they kept taking long range inaccuratre shots... and by the time they got close they where dead... So inspiration hit me... ok time to send in a veteran rifle squad and pray... The rifle squad got right underneath the panther (actually it is considered on or around it) and a second later I heard a bang... No more panther... no casualties to my men... I decided to use that squad leaders name again... and bump him up to a crack unit for future home made scenarios...

As for the cool thing you saw I saw it twice in one game! Another home made scenario I made featuired a few german kubalwagons and such... when they where hit by a tank shell, they both kept on rolling all erratically, and crashed into a building and set the building on fire!

CMBO RULES!

In my first homemade scenario, I basically just mixed a bunch of armor and infantry units up unrealistically and had them go head to head. Things I saw:

1) King Tiger immobilizes TWO M8s with a miss that landed between them. Same KT routs an entire platoon with one hit in between them all. Said platoon later rushed and close-assaulted the KT, forcing the crew to abandon it.

2) Another German tank, not sure which, fired a round at some infantry in a house, and the shell passed through the house and into a halftrack hiding behind it, destroying it!

3) A Jeep gets destroyed on the move, and rolls into a minefield, setting of a mine. The cool part is that the mine explosion killed some Germans pinned down next to it!

Ironies of Battle Dept.:

I had an elite PIAT team sneak close to a King Tiger and knock it out. The brave Brits then hunkered down in a nearby building in order to rest.

Not two turns later, Allied air support dived in on a bombing run against the knocked-out Tiger. (Since it wasn't burning, the pilot's error can be understood.) However, the two bombs sailed slightly over the Tiger's hulk and slammed right into the light building where my PIAT was hiding, destroying the structure and killing the team. Alas!

Ah Man I can't wait for my copies to get here soon enough!!!!! eek.gif

At least the wait is going to worth it more than I ever expected.

Thanks for the great examples without posting spoiler info guys! biggrin.gif

Note: All smilies in my post are doing quite well and are still enjoying R&R in Berlin since the war here has not kicked off yet. tongue.gif

I was playing, and the most amazing thing happened.

I had a King Tiger, and it was parked around some trees. This little Ami jeep comes roaring along, and hits a mine in the road to the side of the KT.

Jeep flips into the air, and lands on top of the KT! Jamming the KTs gun! I am thinking "Dang, that sucks!" but then, my other KT drives over and uses that loooong barrelled 88L71 gun to shove the jeep off the first KT, and it lands next to it!

Then, much to my surprise, a half squad I had spotting near by, runs over, fixes the flat tire on the jeep (apparently the only damage the mine caused), sprays out the inside, 'cause it was pretty gruesome, and gets in and drives away!

I was stunned...

Jeff Heidman