Voodoo2 and craptacular looking smoke.

Ok, downloaded the 1.02 demo and fired it up with the new fancy pants explosions and such. But, when smoke is fired it looks all blocky. I downloaded the drivers for my Voodoo2 card but it didn't help any. What driver versions for the Voodoo2 are people using out there?

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

Multiple threads have confirmed voodoo2 is stuck with no transluscency. I recommend you change your smoke settings to "fast and compatible". You will have trouble with fog and seeing units in buildings as well with the voodoo2, regardless of drivers.

Jonathan

Thanks man...

Now...what does that search feature do?? ;)

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

[This message has been edited by vcents (edited 07-06-2000).]

I've got a VooDoo 2 on my Mac and the only feature I can't get is High Quality Smoke. I haven't played in fog yet but I do get transparent buildings and the other apparently good stuff like infinite horizon. Cheers.

EZ

hi

I have a voodoo3 and the smoke is not that bad, but the new explosion are realy bad, it's like a "chromatic" cube thing that appear after the real explosion. Does anybody know if some new driver can help or some other thing. That's really the only "problem" that I encounter.

[This message has been edited by Tripod (edited 07-06-2000).]