Attn. BTS: Feature Request (if not already possible)

Is is possible to view the entire battle as a movie uninterrupted once you finish a scenario or quick battle? If not, is this a feature that could be implemented. I think it would be cool to be able to watch battles in this fashion, post good battles on web sites for others to view.

Thanks!

Psssst

(in whisper)

...and some pre-orders here in the states are still waiting for the full version too. But I swore I wouldn't complain today and start a new crying thread, but couldn't resists sneaking in this whisper on this unobtrusive thread. Especially after seeing European CM comrades starting to speak up about not receiving CM yet.

Sorry, don't tell Steve...

Guest Michael emrys

I was thinking about the idea of a full-length movie of each game the other day and it occurred to me that desireable as such a feature might be, it seems to me that it would generate *huge* files, more than some systems (like mine, I expect) could cope with.

Michael

A lot of "brothers" asked this question for a "Moviemaker". As i read in this forum, this will be made by BTS as an additional "bonus".

So, let´s hope that Steve and Charles will have the time to do so. It would be wonderful to habe such a moviemaker.

Jochen

Can anyone tell me how to save a replay movie on a mac? I wouldn't mind saving all of them and editing them later. I'd like to start producing little Quicktime newsreels of battles to send to my friends.

I had an experience where an M3 was trying to reverse away from a King Tiger. As I was replaying the turn I selected the halftrack and hit the tab key. I watched in wonder as the halftrack gained reverse momentum and the tigers turret slowly turned toward it. The Tiger hit the M3 on the first shot, resulting in an explosion that filled the screen. biggrin.gif Even better, the now burning halftrack veered to the right and rolled backwards into a thicket. It was a wonderful piece of cinema!

Guest Michael emrys

"Can anyone tell me how to save a replay movie on a mac?"

I haven't tried this yet, but it ought to work as a stopgap. At the end of each Orders Phase, save the game. When the prompt comes up, give each turn a discrete name that can be easily recognized, including perhaps the turn number. At the end of the game, you should have a whole bunch of saved game files in your folder from which you can pick the ones that interest you.

As long as you save immediately before hitting the Go button, you won't have to repeat giving orders to your units in order to duplicate the action. In fact, due to the use of fuzzy logic and random events, I can't guarantee that you will get exactly the same outcome every time you replay an Action Phase. Anybody know?

Michael

Guest aaronb

So far we've all talked about this as an eye-candy feature - which it is. That makes it a sales feature, and that's a good thing.

It is also a great teaching tool. Lots of people have fast enough internet access to download a 'mega-movie' file and review it with notes as to what is happening and why - train the newbies, and help old guys like me learn some new tricks.

With a synchronized .wav or other audio file for voice-over... imagine the possibilities.